@OregonAcroTumb ) and on Facebook .
The championship race took shape following two meets at day one of the inaugural National Collegiate Acrobatics and Tumbling Association Championships.
Top-seeded Oregon will take on No. 4 seed Baylor after the Bears posted a 277.200-276.794 comeback victory over Fairmont State in the opening day of the tournament. Friday’s dual is schedule to begin at 8 p.m.
The Ducks won both regular season meetings against the Bears. The schools last met on March 7 at Matthew Knight Arena, where UO took five of six events to cruise to a 283.518-277.960 win on senior night.
Sixth-seeded Quinnipiac also emerged out of the first day of the championships with a 274.113-273.882 upset win over No. 3 seed Azusa Pacific. The win sets up a semifinal dual with No. 2 Maryland at 6 p.m. on Friday.
Fans can watch all the action live over the O-Zone via a special championship weekend offer. For $12.95, all three days of the competition can be viewed over the web. Live results for each meet over the three-day competition will be provided via the Ducks’ official facebook and twitter pages. Complete Oregon results and recaps will be available following each day of competition on GoDucks.com.
Ducks Face Bears in NCATA Semifinals Friday
Release Date: 04/07/2011
Coach Mulkey Getting Ready for NCATA ChampionshipPLAY VIDEO
- Chelsea White Getting Ready for NCATA Championship
- Shaw Signs Three More for Next Year
- A&T Grows Stronger After Roller Coaster Season
- Ducks' Bid for Fifth Title Falls Short
- Ducks Win in Semis, Move On To Championship Meet
- Oregon Excels Against Alderson Broaddus, Advances to Semis
- Start Times Set for Select FB Games
- Pair of Ducks Named to Pac-12 All-Conference Team
- End to a Great Season for Oregon at NCAA Championships
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks