Acrobatics and Tumbling Welcomes Baylor For Home Opener
Release Date: 02/27/2013
The Ducks won their season opener against Azusa Pacific University 276.790-272.240 in Azusa, Calif. on Feb. 7th, while Fairmont State topped Baylor, 277.175 – 274.550, on Sunday, Feb. 10 in the opener for both schools. Baylor went on to defeat Azusa Pacific 266.84-265.75 in Waco, Tex.
Heading into Saturday’s meet, head coach Felecia Mulkey’s Ducks are in the top three in every category and lead the NCATA in three of the six categories.
Fairmont State’s 277.175 overall score in its first meet leads the league, with Oregon’s 276.790 close behind. The Ducks are in first place in the compulsory round (39.05), pyramid round (29.75) and tumbling round (57.20). UO is also in second place in the toss round (28.10) and third place in the acro round (27.54) and the team routine (95.15).
Baylor is in second place in the team routine (100.85) and third place in the pyramid round (28.00). The Bears topped Fairmont State in the pyramid and tumbling rounds, but the Falcons’ 102.90 score in the team routine was too much to overcome.
The meet will be streamed live on GoDucks.com. Live results for Saturday’s meet will be provided on the Ducks’ Facebook and Twitter pages. Complete results and a recap will be available on GoDucks.com following the meet.
- Ducks' Bid for Fifth Title Falls Short
- Ducks Win in Semis, Move On To Championship Meet
- Oregon Excels Against Alderson Broaddus, Advances to Semis
- UO Snags Four Individual Event Titles at NCATA Championships
- Ducks Kick Off NCATA National Championships
- UO visits OSU Tuesday (Notes)
- And The Nominees Are: Higdon Trophy
- Inglis Named Pac-12 Golfer of the Month
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks