Acrobatics and Tumbling Welcomes Baylor For Home Opener
Release Date: 02/27/2013
The Ducks won their season opener against Azusa Pacific University 276.790-272.240 in Azusa, Calif. on Feb. 7th, while Fairmont State topped Baylor, 277.175 – 274.550, on Sunday, Feb. 10 in the opener for both schools. Baylor went on to defeat Azusa Pacific 266.84-265.75 in Waco, Tex.
Heading into Saturday’s meet, head coach Felecia Mulkey’s Ducks are in the top three in every category and lead the NCATA in three of the six categories.
Fairmont State’s 277.175 overall score in its first meet leads the league, with Oregon’s 276.790 close behind. The Ducks are in first place in the compulsory round (39.05), pyramid round (29.75) and tumbling round (57.20). UO is also in second place in the toss round (28.10) and third place in the acro round (27.54) and the team routine (95.15).
Baylor is in second place in the team routine (100.85) and third place in the pyramid round (28.00). The Bears topped Fairmont State in the pyramid and tumbling rounds, but the Falcons’ 102.90 score in the team routine was too much to overcome.
The meet will be streamed live on GoDucks.com. Live results for Saturday’s meet will be provided on the Ducks’ Facebook and Twitter pages. Complete results and a recap will be available on GoDucks.com following the meet.
- UO Falls Short in National Championship Meet
- Ducks Advance to NCATA Finals
- Ducks Sweep Battlers to Advance to NCATA Semifinals
- UO Earns Two Individual Titles at NCATA Championships
- Ducks Aim for Fifth NCATA Title
- Spring Game to celebrate 100th anniversary of UO's first Rose Bowl team with throwback uniforms
- Ducks Advance at Penn Relays, Win Big at Titan Twilight
- Ducks Eliminated from MPSF Tournament
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks