O Heroes to Host "O"lympics at Boys and Girls Club
Release Date: 05/08/2012
Over 40 UO student-athletes will be in attendance to team-up with members from the Boys and Girls Club of Eugene and its supporters. The groups will split up and compete in a series of competitions which include: relay races, a spelling bee, a trivia competition, tug of war in addition to many other fun events.
“The student-athletes from O Heroes have volunteered and mentored at the Boys and Girls Clubs every Tuesday throughout the year,” O Heroes Program Director Judy Sheldon said. “Our O Heroes have developed really close relationships with the kids and organizers from the Boys and Girls Club. This event caps all the efforts that the student-athletes, community leaders and the club members have put in over the past year.”
Student-athletes from acrobatics and tumbling, baseball, football, lacrosse, soccer, track & field and volleyball will be represented.
“Events like the ‘O’lympics create an opportunity for our club members to work together as a group,” said Adam Vozzola of the Boys and Girls Club. “It helps to develop a sense of family with the kids and community leaders that work with our club. And the O Heroes program is an integral part of our family at the Boys and Girls Club.”
“These student-athletes are people that our members can look up to,” Vozzola added. “They share their experiences with the club members. They give hope and guidance to our members. And as you can imagine, they bring a large amount of excitement to the club every time they come to mentor.”
For more information on O Heroes, please contact Judy Sheldon at 541-346-5740 or via email at email@example.com.
MORE ABOUT O HEROES
The O Heroes program is a student-athlete philanthropy organization. The goal for O Heroes is to create a collective organization that can positively impact Oregon, specifically the Eugene/Springfield community. The student-athletes’ efforts in this regard are our way of thanking the fans and the community for their continued support.
UPCOMING O HEROES COMMUNITY SERVICE EVENTS
- May 17 = UO University Day, campus groups come together to help beautify UO’s campus.
- June 3 = Quackin’ Action Youth Development, Educating the Youth of Eugene/Springfield how to be a good “Duck.”
- Ducks Enriched by Service Trip To Dominican Republic
- “I Triple-Dog Dare You!”
- O Heroes Hosts "Quackin' Action"
- Mariota Leads Field Of Winners At Inaugural O Show
- Inaugural O Show to Be Held Tonight At Matthew Knight Arena
- Display Illustrates Foundation Of Mariota's Heisman Run
- Men's Golf Releases 2015-16 Schedule
- Women’s Golf Announces 2015-16 Schedule
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks