O Heroes: Fall Day of Service on Oct. 12
Release Date: 10/08/2010
The male student-athletes and fraternities are holding a friendly competition with the female student-athletes and sororities to see who can raise the most money for the non-profit charity.
“O Heroes is excited about our partnership with United Way and fraternities and sororities on campus,” O Heroes coordinator Matt Geschke said. “This is a great start to a year that will be filled with meaningful service events. We believe O Heroes is an essential part of the development of our student-athletes and opportunities like these provide them with meaningful service events.”
Last fall, O Heroes raised over $1,200 for the United Way, a figure the group is determined to beat with the help of the campus community this fall.
About O Heroes:
O Heroes is a non-profit community organization run by student-athletes at the University Of Oregon Department Of Intercollegiate Athletics. The goal of O Heroes is to create a single identity for all community service initiatives and to see involvement from all student-athletes, staff, faculty, and campus community. Service is one aspect of three areas in which student-athletes feel they are able to excel. The other areas are health and education.
- O Heroes Hosts "Quackin' Action"
- Mariota Leads Field Of Winners At Inaugural O Show
- Inaugural O Show to Be Held Tonight At Matthew Knight Arena
- The Nominees Are: Emerald Award
- The Nominees Are: Jackson Award
- Nike Golf Creates New Uniform for Select Teams in NCAA Golf Championship
- Oregon Volleyball Camps Fast Approaching
- Hawkins, Lilley and Takeda Earn All-America Honors
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks