UO’s Dance Marathon Campaign Raises Nearly $29,000
Release Date: 02/06/2012
Dance Marathon is a philanthropic organization that is committed to raising funds for the local Children's Miracle Network Hospital in Eugene. All of the funds raised go directly to the local hospital.
Nearly 550 students from all over campus, including members of Fraternity and Sorority Life and Oregon athletics teams, gathered donations and then participated in the event. The day consisted of freestyle dancing, learning a choreographed dance, and hearing the stories from those families who benefit from the Children’s Miracle Network.
“It was a great turnout,” said Erin Block, of the Oregon Acrobatics and Tumbling team, “It was an awesome feeling to know that we were helping families, while having a great time hanging out with friends too!”
Not only did Dance Marathon help bring awareness about helping children in need, but it also encouraged the students to build a stronger connection with the Eugene community.
The event motto this year was Carpe DM, generating the perfect awareness of what this event is all about.
By: McKenzie Wilcox
- The Nominees Are: Jackson Award
- And The Nominees Are: Male Athlete Of The Year
- And The Nominees Are: Higdon Award
- And The Nominees Are: Coach Of The Year
- And The Nominees Are: Comeback Player Of The Year
- Beck Steps Down as Lacrosse Coach
- UO’s Washington, Wallace and Chambers highlight TrackTown Tuesday
- Ducks Finish Weekend With Season Bests at Payton Jordan
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks