Saturday, October 30, 9:15 p.m., PDT
No. 1 Oregon at No. 24 USC • Oct. 30, 2010 • Los Angeles, Calif. (L.A. Memorial Coliseum)
• SO RB LaMichael James became the fastest Oregon player to reach the 1,000-yard rushing mark in terms of games played, passing the marker in his seventh game of the season. It took him 140 attempts to do it, which ranks second all-time behind LeGarrette Blount, who hit 1,000 in 138 carries (13 games) in 2008. Three players previously eclipsed the mark in eight games.
• On his 42-yard touchdown run in the 2nd quarter, James became the third UO player with two 1,000-yard seasons in a career, matching Onterrio Smith (2001, '02) and Maurice Morris (2000, '01).
• James, who finished with 239 yards on a career-high 36 carries, scored three touchdowns, giving him at least one TD in all seven games he has played this season and 14 total on the ground this year.
• James broke the 100-yard rushing mark for the 15th time in his career, surpassing Jonathan Stewart (2005-07) for the most in UO history.
• The third 200-yard game of James' career - all this season - puts him second all-time at UO behind Reuben Droughns, who had four (3 in 1998, 1 in '99).
• Now with 2,756 career rushing yards, James moved into fifth on Oregon's career list.
• With his career-high tying four touchdown passes, SO QB Darron Thomas became the first UO signal-caller with 20 TDs in a season (he has 21) since Dennis Dixon tossed 20 in 2007.
• SR DT Brandon Bair scored his first career points, catching a 2-point PAT from SR QB Nate Costa.
• SR WR Jeff Maehl caught a touchdown for the sixth straight game and extended his string of games with at least one reception to 29. His three TDs were a career best.
• Maehl recorded the third straight 100-yard receiving game and fifth of his career, finishing with eight grabs for a career-high 145 yards.
• The Ducks are 8-0 for the second time in school history and first since 1933.
• JR WR Lavasier Tuinei set career marks for receptions (7) and receiving yards (78).
• SR LB Spencer Paysinger matched his career high in tackles with a team-high 12.
• SR DE Kenny Rowe made his fifth sack of the season and has 21.5 for his career - sixth all-time at Oregon. Rowe has a sack in four straight games.
• FR LB Boseko Lokombo recovered his third fumble of the season, tying SR LB Casey Matthews for the team lead.
• 53 points were the most ever scored by the Ducks vs. USC in 57 all-time meetings (47 in 2009).
• SO CB Cliff Harris had his Pac-10 leading fifth interception of the season and sixth of his career.
• The fourth-quarter interception by SO S John Boyett was his third of the season and sixth of his career.
• USC had the longest punt return of the season vs. UO, 55 yards by Ronald Johnson. The previous long was 3 yards (twice).
• The Trojans scored the most points of any Oregon opponent since Oregon State scored 33 on Dec. 3, 2009 in a 37-33 UO win.
• USC became the seventh opponent in eight games to be held scoreless in the fourth quarter.
* Oregon's victory was its first at the Coliseum since a 28-17 win Oct. 14, 2000.
• The Ducks improved to 2-0 against top 25 teams this season and are 6-2 under Chip Kelly vs. ranked teams.
• Oregon improved to 20-3 in Pac-10 play since the start of the 2008 season.
• The Ducks are now 13-0 when leading at the half and 17-0 when leading after three quarters under Kelly.
• The Ducks had three touchdown drives of five plays or fewer, giving them 25 such drives out of 51 TD drives on the season.
• UO wore silver football shoes for the first time.
Oregon Football Tickets available NOW
blog comments powered by Disqus