Carson York has been named to the ESPN Academic All-District 8 team, earning a spot on the Academic All-America ballot as a result.EUGENE, Ore. – University of Oregon offensive lineman
York, a redshirt sophomore from Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, has started six games at left tackle and one at right tackle this season for the No. 1 Ducks, helping pave the way for the nation’s top scoring offense. Off the field, he carries a 3.70 grade-point average in Journalism.
The all-district honor is York’s first. Last season he was a first-team all-Pac-10 academic choice.
To be eligible for selection, student-athletes must have a GPA of 3.30 or higher and be a starter or significant reserve. District 8 consists of universities in Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, British Columbia and Yukon.
York Named ESPN Academic All-District
Release Date: 11/04/2010
- Buckner, Freeman Share MVP Honors
- Civil War Victory Leaves Ducks Wanting More
- Postgame Notebook: Oregon State
- Ducks Survive Wild Civil War For Sixth Straight Victory
- Football Practice Report: Nov. 25
- Alleyne’s Double-Double Paces Ducks
- Civil War Sweep Closes Regular Season
- Notes: Ducks Meet North Dakota on Saturday
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks