Records Fall in Shutout of Lobos
Saturday, September 4, 5:40 p.m., PDT
Oregon Football is now on Twitter - Follow HERE
No. 11 Oregon vs. New Mexico • Sept. 4, 2010 • Eugene, Ore. (Autzen Stadium)
• Oregon's 720 yards of total offense was a new school record, surpassing the 694 at Oregon State in the 2008 Civil War.
• Cliff Harris became the first player in UO history with 2 touchdowns via punt returns (61 and 64 yards) in a game, tying the mark for most punt return TDs in a single season.
• The Ducks equaled the program's modern scoring record with 72 points while setting a new modern record for scoring margin (also 72 points), the most since a 72-10 victory vs. Nevada, Sept. 18, 1999. It was UO's most points overall since a 97-0 win over Willamette (Ore.) in 1916.
• SO RB Kenjon Barner equaled UO's modern scoring record with 5 touchdowns (4 rush, 1 rec) set by Saladin McCullough vs. Arizona, Nov. 9, 1996.
• Barner set career highs in carries (17) and rushing yards (147).
• SO QB Darron Thomas made his first career start and tossed 2 TDs, the fourth and fifth of his career. All of Thomas's scores have come over a 45-minute stretch in 2 career games at Autzen Stadium (he did not play after halftime vs. UNM).
• SR RB Remene Alston Jr. recorded his first 100-yard rushing game, finishing with 110.
• The shutout was Oregon's first since a 35-0 blanking of Stanford on Oct. 25, 2003.
• UO had two players rush for 100 or more yards (Barner 147, Alston 110) for the first time since Jeremiah Masoli (164) and LaMichael James (183) vs. USC on Halloween last year.
• JR TE David Paulson had the first TD catch of his UO career, a 30-yarder from Thomas.
• The Ducks have won 11 straight at Autzen Stadium, the second-longest streak in the Stadium's 44-year history. Chip Kelly is 8-0 has head coach in UO's home venue.
• The 35 first downs by UO was an Autzen Stadium record.
• The 59 points at half by the Ducks set a new record (49 vs. Nevada, Sept. 18, 1999).
• FR K Eric Solis tied a school mark by converting 11 consecutive place kicks (8 PAT, 3 FG) in a single game, tying Morgan Flint at Oregon State, Nov. 29, 2008.
• 14 Ducks made at least one reception.
• Oregon did not attempt a punt in the game.
• The crowd of 59,104 was the largest opening day crowd in school history and the tenth largest overall.
• The Ducks recorded a 69th consecutive sellout at Autzen, dating to 1999.
• Oregon has won sixth consecutive home openers and 17 out of the past 18.
Oregon Football Tickets available NOW
blog comments powered by