Dennis Dixon has been named the Pac-10's offensive Player of the Week. Dixon accounted for career-highs of five touchdowns (4 pass, 1 rush), 367 passing yards and 27 completions in leading Oregon to a 55-31 road win against Stanford this past Saturday.EUGENE, Ore. -- For the second time this season, quarterback
The senior from San Leandro, Calif., also took home the award in Week 2, following his four-touchdown performance in the Ducks' 39-7 victory at Michigan.
Dixon is the first Duck to earn multiple offensive POTW awards in the same season since quarterback Joey Harrington in 2001 (Oct. 6 & Nov. 3).
Prior to this season, the last time an Oregon player had received an offensive player of the week award was September 3, 2005, when former quarterback Kellen Clemens earned the honor.
The No. 11 Ducks face No. 6 California on Saturday, Sept. 29, at Autzen Stadium.
Dixon Named Pac-10 Player of the Week Again
Release Date: 09/24/2007
- Preseason Camp Preview: Receivers and Tight Ends
- Preseason Camp Preview: Running Backs
- Preseason Camp Preview: Quarterback
- Freeman One To Watch For Walter Camp Player Of The Year
- Duck Duo Up For Doak Walker Award
- Bowerman Fan Vote Now Open
- Volleyball Bonds In "The Program"
- Irvin Opts Not To Sign, Will Return To Ducks For 2016
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks