Dennis Dixon has been named the Pac-10's offensive Player of the Week. Dixon accounted for career-highs of five touchdowns (4 pass, 1 rush), 367 passing yards and 27 completions in leading Oregon to a 55-31 road win against Stanford this past Saturday.EUGENE, Ore. -- For the second time this season, quarterback
The senior from San Leandro, Calif., also took home the award in Week 2, following his four-touchdown performance in the Ducks' 39-7 victory at Michigan.
Dixon is the first Duck to earn multiple offensive POTW awards in the same season since quarterback Joey Harrington in 2001 (Oct. 6 & Nov. 3).
Prior to this season, the last time an Oregon player had received an offensive player of the week award was September 3, 2005, when former quarterback Kellen Clemens earned the honor.
The No. 11 Ducks face No. 6 California on Saturday, Sept. 29, at Autzen Stadium.
Dixon Named Pac-10 Player of the Week Again
Release Date: 09/24/2007
- Ducks Reward Helfrich with a Five-Year Contract Extension
- QB Adams Signs Paperwork with Ducks
- At Oregon, Signing Day Goes Beyond A List of New Recruits To The Football Team
- 2014 Season Review: Special Teams
- 2014 Season Review: Defensive backs
- Ducks Settle For Series Win at UCSB After 1-0 Loss Sunday
- Ducks Shock No. 19 Stanford on Senior Night
- No. 2 Ducks Down Aztecs, 7-3
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks