Nick Reed's big week continued Thursday, when the Oregon defensive lineman was named to the mid-season "Watch List" for the 2007 Ted Hendricks Defensive End of the Year Award.EUGENE, Ore. --
Reed, a junior from Trabuco Canyon, Calif., is one of 37 candidates on the watch list, which will be pared down to five to six finalists in November.
The two-year starter is the reigning Walter Camp National Defensive Player of the the Week and Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Week following his performance in last Saturday's win over Washington State. Reed recorded career highs of 3.5 sacks, 11 tackles and 5.0 tackles for loss against the Cougars.
Reed ranks third nationally in sacks per game (1.25) and fourth in tackles for loss per contest (2.17).
The No. 7 Ducks (5-1, 2-1 Pac-10) travel to Seattle on Saturday, Oct. 20, to face Washington (2-4, 0-3). Kickoff is set for 4:30 p.m. with a live telecast on FSN.
Reed Named To Ted Hedricks Award Watch List
Release Date: 10/19/2007
- Tyner Takes Medical Retirement After Missing 2015 Season
- Several New Recruits Already Hard At Work For Oregon
- Ducks Announce 2016 Signing Class
- 2015 in Review: Special Teams
- 2015 in Review: Defensive Backs
- Amid Mounting Hype, Ducks Look To Maintain Their Focus
- Season Preview: Catchers
- Cazorla Named USBWA National Freshman of the Week
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks