Oregon's Unger Added to Rimington Trophy Watch List
Release Date: 05/13/2008
Unger, a three-year starter from Honaunau, Hawaii, is coming off All-America first team (SI.com) and All-Pac-10 honors in 2007 - his first season at the center position. He is also on the watch list for the 2008 Outland Trophy.
The Rimington Trophy, named after Nebraska's two-time consensus All-America center Dave Rimington, is awarded to the outstanding college offensive center in NCAA Division I-A. The winner will be selected by determining the consensus All-American center pick from four existing All America Teams.
The list includes two finalists from the 2007 Watch List, as well as the 2007 winner of the Rimington Trophy, Arkansas' Jonathan Luigs. The Trophy has not had a repeat winner in its history.
In all, there are 43 players on the watch list. The Big-12 Conference and Pac-10 Conference are each represented by seven players, while the ACC and SEC have five players each on the watch list.
- Football Practice Report: April 24
- Football Practice Report: April 22
- Football Practice Report: April 20
- Football Practice Report: April 17
- Football Practice Report: April 15
- After Sweep Of Louisiana, Ducks Hitting Stretch Run At Full Stride
- Woo Takes Less-Is-More Approach Into Final Pac-12 Appearance
- Ducks Fall to Buffs, Will Be No. 6 Seed
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks