Saturday, December 4, 4:40 p.m. PT
No. 1 Oregon at Oregon State • Dec. 4, 2010 • Corvallis, Ore. (Reser Stadium)
• Oregon has 12 wins for the first time in school history, setting a new all-time winning streak (12) in the process.
• The Ducks won the outright Pac-10 title for the second straight season and became the first conference teams to go undefeated in league play since the start of round robin play in 2006.
• SO RB LaMichael James, who set the Pac-10 freshman rushing mark last year, broke former Beaver Steven Jackson's sophomore record of 1,656 yards. He rushed 28 times for a game-high 134 yards and now has 1,682 - second-most in a season at UO.
• James increased his school record for touchdowns in a season to 22 (21 rush, 1 rec) with a pair of scoring runs and broke the 100-yard rushing barrier for the ninth time in 11 games this year.
• With a pair of touchdown strikes, SO QB Darron Thomas moved into second on UO's single-season ledger for touchdown passes with 28 and stands four shy of Akili Smith's 1998 school record of 32.
• SO RB Kenjon Barner, who rushed 15 times for a 133 yards, went over the 100-yard rushing mark for the second time in his career and first since the season opener vs. New Mexico. He also caught a touchdown pass for first time since the win over the Lobos.
• SR DE Terrell Turner and SO LB Michael Clay made the first interceptions of their careers.
• SO K Rob Beard saw his streak of consecutive PATs converted end at 60 career and 59 this season when his first attempt of the game was blocked.
• The Ducks made their first field goal out of a hold from someone other than Nate Costa for the first time since 2008 when FR QB Dustin Haines held on Beard's 36-yarder in the 2nd quarter.
• SR WR Jeff Maehl, who had seven catches for 86 yards, is now tied for second in single-season receptions at UO with 68 and ranks ninth in receiving yards with 943. Maehl, who made 22 grabs for 389 yards in four Civil Wars, failed to catch a TD against the Beavers for the first time in his career.
• Saturday's Civil War was the 114th all-time meeting between the Ducks and Beavers, the longest-running college football rivalry game west of the Rocky Mountains.
• The 221 points allowed by Oregon tied the 1990 squad for the lowest total through 12 games in team history.
• UO's four interceptions equaled the season-high set at Arizona State.
• The crowd of 46,469 was a Reser Stadium record and the largest to see a Civil War game in Corvallis.
• Oregon's opponent scored first for the sixth time in 12 regular season games this season.
• The Ducks are 16-0 when leading at the half under Chip Kelly.
• Oregon improved to 24-3 in Pac-10 play since the start of the 2008 season.
• The two teams combined for three turnovers in the first 4:01 of the game after totaling two in all of last year's game. blog comments powered by Disqus