De'Anthony Thomas has been selected as co-recipient of the 2011 CFPA Kick Returner Trophy, College Football Performance Awards Executive Director Brad Smith announced earlier this week.EUGENE, Ore. -- University of Oregon running back
Thomas, a freshman All-America from Los Angeles, led the Pac-12 with an average of 27.3 yards per kickoff return and equaled the UO record with two returns for touchdowns. He shares the CFPA honor with Texas' Foswhitt Whittaker.
The national leader among freshmen with 18 touchdowns, Thomas' 983 kickoff return yards were the second-most in school history for a single season. He totaled 2,235 all-purpose yards, also ranking No. 2 on Oregon's all-time season list, and was the Ducks' top receiver with 605 yards.
Thomas becomes the third Oregon player in as many seasons to win a CFPA crystal trophy, joining LaMichael James (running back award winner) in 2009 and Cliff Harris (punt returner) in '10.
To date, three Oregon seniors have been selected to participate in postseason all-star games: Tight end David Paulson and linebacker Josh Kaddu have accepted invitations to the East-West Shrine Game in Tampa, Fla., and wide receiver Lavasier Tuinei will represent the Ducks in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl in Carson, Calif. Both games take place on Saturday, Jan. 21, with the East-West Shrine Game set to be televised on the NFL Network at 1 p.m. PT.
De'Anthony Thomas Wins CFPA Kick Returner Trophy
Release Date: 01/13/2012
- Addison's Return A Welcome Sight For Ducks And Fans
- Ekpre-Olomu Completes Draft Class For Oregon In 2015
- Ducks Wrap Up Month Of Practices With Traditional Spring Salute
- Lockie Caps Consistent Month With Perfect Spring Game
- Nelson A Two-Way Star In Saturday's Spring Game
- Hawkins Named USA Softball Player of the Year Finalist
- Alleyne Earns USA Basketball Invite
- The Nominees Are: O Heroes Award
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks