Alleyne Named Pac-12 Freshman of the Week
Release Date: 02/18/2013
Alleyne, a forward from Fontana, Calif., averaged team-highs with 17.5 points and 13.0 rebounds per game to help Oregon to a home split of the Washington schools this past weekend. Alleyne shot 59.3 percent from the field over the two games (16-of-27).
Alleyne recorded her ninth double-double of the season with 15 points and a game-high 17 rebounds in UO’s 65-60 win over Washington State on Sunday afternoon. The win gave Oregon its first season-sweep over Washington State since 2008. Alleyne, who went 7-of-14 on field goals, grabbed seven of her rebounds on the offensive end. She also added two steals in the victory.
In Oregon’s loss to Washington, Alleyne paced the Ducks with team-highs of 20 points and nine rebounds. It was the fourth time this season she reached the 20-point mark. She went 9-of-13 on field goals while contributing a steal and a blocked shot in playing a team-high 32 minutes.
On the year, Alleyne is currently tied with Stanford’s Chiney Ogwumike for the Pac-12 rebounding lead with each player having 319 total boards through 26 games (12.3 rpg). Alleyne has the best rebounding average for any freshmen in the nation, ranking seventh in the latest NCAA stats report.
Alleyne has reached double-figures in scoring on 14 occasions this season, while she’s grabbed 10 or more rebounds in 15 games.
- QBs Battle, Brown Returns, Mitchell Shines In Spring Game
- Spring Game to celebrate 100th anniversary of UO's first Rose Bowl team with throwback uniforms
- Kelly Uses No. 7 NFL Draft Pick To Select Ducks' Buckner
- Coach Helfrich Calls on Students
- Military Appreciation the Backdrop for Saturday's Oregon Spring Game
- Ducks Finish Weekend With Season Bests at Payton Jordan
- Williams Named to MPSF All-Tournament Team
- Ducks Rally To Win Series
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks