Kendall Brooke, a sophomore on the Oregon Women’s Soccer team. Brooke is currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Mathematics and Accounting.Each week O Heroes sits down with one of our student-athletes to get to know more about them on and off the field. This week’s feature is on
A native to West Linn, Ore., Brooke has played soccer since she was six years old. She is currently recovering from two knee surgeries, and plans to return to the field this spring.
As demonstrated through her weekly involvement at the Boys & Girls Club of Emerald Valley, Brooke is a role model to the youth she works with. Brooke recently volunteered at the Polar Plunge, and read to kids from Gilham Elementary School.
Dedicating her extra time to the volunteer work is one of Brooke’s passions. This summer, Brooke will travel to Peru with fellow student-athletes to serve the local community on the Student-Athlete Alternative Spring Break trip.
Brooke’s presence and involvement with O Heroes is inspiring to her peers, as well as the community. After graduation, she plans to continue mentoring kids.
Hero of the Week: Kendall Brooke
Release Date: 02/21/2013
- QBs Battle, Brown Returns, Mitchell Shines In Spring Game
- Spring Game to celebrate 100th anniversary of UO's first Rose Bowl team with throwback uniforms
- Kelly Uses No. 7 NFL Draft Pick To Select Ducks' Buckner
- Coach Helfrich Calls on Students
- Military Appreciation the Backdrop for Saturday's Oregon Spring Game
- Ducks Selected to Tucson for NCAA Regionals
- Wise, Foushee Earn Pac-12 Postseason Honors
- Hawkins Becomes UO's New Wins Leader in DH Sweep
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks