EUGENE, Ore. -- University of Oregon soccer coach Kat Mertz will resume her assistant coaching duties with the U.S. Under-23 Women’s National Team at an upcoming training camp in Carson, Calif. The camp runs April 13-20 and will be held at the Home Depot Center.
The U.S. Under-20 Women’s National Team will hold their training camp at the same time. The two squads will scrimmage each other on April 16 at 10 a.m. (PT) and on April 19 at 4 p.m.
Mertz has been an assistant coach with the U-23 team for the past two years. Last June, she traveled with the U-23 squad to Stjordalen, Norway for the Three Nations Tournament where the U.S. team played friendlies against Sweden and Norway. The U.S. went 2-0-1 en route to winning the tournament title.
Mertz brings a wealth of international coaching experience having worked with all age groups within the U.S. Women’s National Team.
She served as an assistant coach with the U.S. U-20 Women’s National Team at the 2010 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in Germany. Two years before, Mertz helped lead the U-20 squad to the 2008 FIFA World Cup title played in Chile. She was an assistant coach for the U.S. Women's National Team's U-15 team in its inaugural season in 2004.
Mertz also serves a scout for the Youth National Team programs.
Mertz To Coach At U.S. U-23 National Team Training Camp
Release Date: 04/04/2013
- Kelly Uses No. 7 NFL Draft Pick To Select Ducks' Buckner
- Coach Helfrich Calls on Students
- Military Appreciation the Backdrop for Saturday's Oregon Spring Game
- Football Practice Report: April 27
- Football Practice Report: April 25
- Ducks Advance at Penn Relays, Win Big at Titan Twilight
- Ducks Eliminated from MPSF Tournament
- Batterymates Poised To Make History When Ducks Host Arizona
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks