LOUISVILLE, Ky. – University of Oregon all-purpose standout De’Anthony Thomas has been named to the 2013 Paul Hornung Award watch list as announced Friday by the Louisville Sports Commission.
The award, presented by Texas Roadhouse, is given annually to college football’s most versatile player in the country and is named after Louisville native and former Green Bay Packers’ NFL Hall-of-Fame running back Paul Hornung.
It marks the second straight year that Thomas has been nominated for the award as he is one of only four players from the Pac-12 Conference among the 44 players nationally to appear on the award’s initial watch list.
Thomas was one of only two players in the country a year ago to run for over 700 yards, gain more than 400 yards receiving and accumulate over 600 yards in punt and kickoff returns. The Los Angeles junior led the Ducks in receptions (45 for 445 yards), punt returns (222 yards) and kickoff returns (389 yards) a year ago, tying for 29th in the nation (and fifth in the Pac-12) in all-purpose yards (135.2 avg.).
De'Anthony Thomas on Watch List for Paul Hornung Award
Release Date: 07/05/2013
- Tyner Takes Medical Retirement After Missing 2015 Season
- Several New Recruits Already Hard At Work For Oregon
- Ducks Announce 2016 Signing Class
- 2015 in Review: Special Teams
- 2015 in Review: Defensive Backs
- Ducks Come Up Short to No. 15 Baylor
- Ducks Remain in Fourth at Amer Ari Invitational
- Ducks Sweep Lumberjacks
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks