Patrick Chung and Nick Reed to the watch list for the 2008 Bronko Nagurski Trophy, which is awarded to the best defensive player in college football and sponsored by the Charlotte Touchdown Club.DALLAS – The Football Writers Association of America named Oregon seniors
Chung, a three-year starting rover from Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., was the Ducks' leading tackler in 2007 and earned second team All-America honors along with first team All-Pac-10. His 117 tackles were the most by a UO defensive back in 13 years.
Reed, who is also on the watch list for the 2008 Lott Trophy, led the Pac-10 with 12 sacks and 22.5 tackles for loss last season and garnered second-team All-America honors (SI.com). The Trabuco, Calif., native picked up ESPN The Magazine Academic All-America first team honors in 2007 as well.
The FWAA All-America Committee selects the Bronko Nagurski Trophy winner from the association's 11- man All-America defensive team in November. The watch list was developed by the FWAA All-America committee with the help of the schools and conferences.
The Bronko Nagurski Trophy has been presented since 1993 and is awarded in memory of the legendary Nagurski, a former All-America lineman at Minnesota in 1927-29 and a star for professional football's Chicago Bears in the 1930s.
The Ducks open 2008 with a Pac-10 home contest against the University of Washington on Aug. 30.
Chung, Reed Named to Nagurski Trophy Watch List
Release Date: 05/12/2008
- Start Times Set for Select FB Games
- Addison's Return A Welcome Sight For Ducks And Fans
- Ekpre-Olomu Completes Draft Class For Oregon In 2015
- Ducks Wrap Up Month Of Practices With Traditional Spring Salute
- Lockie Caps Consistent Month With Perfect Spring Game
- Pair of Ducks Named to Pac-12 All-Conference Team
- End to a Great Season for Oregon at NCAA Championships
- Season Ends In Extra Innings For Oregon Baseball Team
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks