Ducks Fall to Buffaloes in Pac-12 Tourney
Release Date: 03/08/2012
Devoe Joseph, an All-Pac-12 first team selection, missed the potential winning 3-pointer from the left sideline at the buzzer for the Ducks.
Carlon Brown scored 18 points and Roberson added 12 points and 10 rebounds for the sixth-seeded Buffaloes (21-11), who advanced to Friday's semifinals against No. 2 seed California, a 77-71 winner over seventh-seeded Stanford earlier at Staples Center.
The Buffs controlled the paint despite getting outrebounded 43-29 and took the season series against the third-seeded Ducks by winning two of three meetings between the schools. Colorado notched its second straight 20-win season with a victory over Utah, the league's other new team, on Wednesday.
Tony Woods led the Ducks (22-9) with 14 points. Joseph added 12 while missing all seven of his 3-point attempts, and Carlos Emory had 11 points.
E.J. Singler had four straight points, and Emory hit the go-ahead layup in the spurt that gave the Ducks their first lead of the second half, 60-58.
Brown made one of two free throws to draw the Buffs within one before Joseph hit the Ducks' final basket to keep them ahead, 62-59 with 1:35 left.
Brown made a layup and then Roberson grabbed an offensive rebound and put it back up for the game-winner.
- Oregon matched a season-high 19 offensive rebounds. The other time this season the Ducks had 19 offensive boards was in a home loss to rival Oregon State on Jan. 29.
- Devoe Joseph, Garrett Sim and E.J. Singler were a combined 13-of-43 on field goals (30.2 percent).
- Tony Woods registered career-highs for points (14), field goals made (6) and field goals attempted (10).
- Carlos Emory scored 11 points and grabbed six rebounds. It was the eighth time in the last 11 games that Emory has reached double-figures.
- Joseph matched a career-high with eight rebounds, while contributing four assists and zero turnovers. Joseph scored 12 points to reach double-figures in scoring for the 24th time in 25 games this season. He was just 6-of-19 from the field (0-of-7 on 3-pointers).
- Tourney Teams Highlight Schedule
- First Wave Of Incoming Freshmen Already Adjusting To College
- Young Gets Chance to Set Pace with Indiana
- Pit Crew Video Nets $30K for UO
- Oregon to Take Part in 2015 Pearl Harbor Ceremonies
- Men's Golf Releases 2015-16 Schedule
- Women’s Golf Announces 2015-16 Schedule
- Preseason Camp Preview: Defensive Line
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks