Devoe Joseph scored a career-high 30 points to lead Oregon past Stanford 78-67 on Thursday night.EUGENE, Ore. (AP) -
Coming off a four-point, 1-for-13 shooting performance Saturday against Washington, Joseph made 9 of 15, including 5 of 9 from 3-point range.
E.J. Singler scored 13 points for the Ducks (11-4, 2-1 Pac-12), who went 10 for 12 from the free throw line in the final 3 minutes.
Oregon is off to its best start since opening 12-4 in 2006-07 and is 9-0 this season when scoring at least 70.
Josh Owens led the Cardinal (12-3, 2-1) with 19 points. He had 17 points on 7-of-9 shooting in the first half but picked up his third foul early in the second and sat out nearly 7 minutes.
Aaron Bright also scored 14 points for the Cardinal, and John Gage added 13.
Oregon led 34-32 at halftime and never trailed in the second half.
- Oregon improved to 9-1 overall when holding a first-half lead and 9-1 overall in home games. The Ducks are 10-1 when they shoot for a better percentage than the opponent.
- Devoe Joseph (career-high 30 points) led the team in scoring for the third time in nine games this season. He’s the first player to score 30 points in a game since Tajuan Porter tallied 32 against Washington State on March 10, 2010. Joseph became the fifth UO player this season to score 20 or more points in a game (joining Sim, Singler, Loyd and Ashaolu).
- Joseph became just the third Duck to lead the team in scoring and rebounding in one game (Singler twice, Ashaolu once). It was the first time this season Joseph led the team in rebounding.
- E.J. Singler (13 points) reached double figures in scoring for the 12th time in 15 games this season.
Ducks Take Care Of Stanford, 78-67
Release Date: 01/05/2012
MBB vs. StanfordPLAY VIDEO
- Dana Altman after Thursday's game vs. Stanford
- Condensed Game: MBB vs. Stanford
- Tony Woods and Devoe Joseph after Stanford on Thursday
- HD: MBB vs. Stanford
- Highlights: MBB vs Stanford
- Pit Crew Video Nets $30K for UO
- Oregon to Take Part in 2015 Pearl Harbor Ceremonies
- Chandler Granted Release
- Hoops Fans Heard: 2015-16 Basketball Season Tickets Priced Dramatically Lower
- Looking Back at the 2014-15 Season
- Oregon Soccer Gives Back to Community: Part 2
- Lilley Goes To Great Lengths To Improve, Then And Now
- Heineman Pac-12's Player Of Week
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks