Dana Altman and the University of Oregon men’s basketball team will face Missouri on Thursday, Dec. 2 in the 2010 Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series, the conference office announced Wednesday.EUGENE, Ore. -- Head coach
The game will be played at McArthur Court in Eugene as part of the final non-conference schedule in the historic facility. Oregon maintains a 2-1 record in the Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series, sweeping the previous match-up against Kansas State with wins in 2007-08 and 2008-09. Missouri defeated Oregon, 106-69, last year at Mizzou Arena in Columbia, Mo.
Oregon is 0-4 all-time versus Missouri and 0-2 against the Tigers in games played at Mac Court. Missouri won, 79-59, in the last meeting in Eugene on Jan. 4, 1992.
Altman has a coaching record of 38-51 in games against Big 12 opponents, including a 14-10 mark in his 16 seasons at Creighton. UO’s first-year coach is 3-8 all-time against the Tigers (1-1 in his time at Creighton).
The majority of the games are scheduled for December 2-5, with three taking place outside the four-day series window. The matchups mirror the ones that took place in the fall of 2009, with the road team from a year ago hosting this season.
The Big 12 held a 9-3 advantage in the Hardwood Series contests last season and leads the three-year series, 20-16. In 2009, the 12 contests drew more than 110,000 fans. In the three years of the event, more than 355,000 fans have come through the turnstiles.
Additional components of the series, including the start times and television broadcast information will be announced at a later date.
Date Set for Match-up with Mizzou
Release Date: 04/28/2010
- In His Final Game For Oregon, Young Provides One Last Memorable Performance
- Ducks Take Fight To Badgers In NCAA Tournament Loss
- Ducks Ready To Battle Badgers Again
- For Oregon Men It's Been 'Won, Not Done,' Three Straight Years
- No Deflecting Importance Of Oregon's Defense In Strong Finish To Each Half Friday
- Takeda Taken in NPF Draft
- Lockie Leads Quarterbacks Into "New Day In Oregon Football"
- As Ducks Flourish, Familiar Faces Crop Up In Opposing Dugouts
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks