Ducks Erupt Offensively to Force CBI Game 3
Release Date: 03/30/2011
Three Ducks scores in double figures, led by Joevan Catron ’s 18 points. Malcolm Armstead scored 14 points and tied Johnathan Loyd with a game-high tying six assists. E.J. Singler also tallied 10 points. Armstead also registered a game-high five steals.
The Ducks led by as many as 21 points on three occasions in the second half. A 27-7 run carried over from the end of the first half put the Ducks up 44-23 with 17:53 remaining. Creighton went on a 13-4 run of its own to pull to within 12 at 60-48 with seven and a half minutes to play.
A 9-1 spurt by Oregon put the game away as Jay-R Strowbridge answered the call with a three-pointer and Catron drained back-to-back trifectas to put UO back up by 20.
Oregon broke the game open to go up 25-16 late in the first half. The Ducks shot a crisp 59.3 percent in the opening frame to grab a 35-21 lead at the break. Armstead made five of his six field goal attempts to finish with a game-high 10 points in the first 20 minutes of play.
Oregon shot 53.4 percent for the game and held Creighton to 41.9 percent shooting. The Blue Jays did connect on 7-of-18 three-pointers while the Ducks countered with a 5-of-16 mark from long range. Both teams grabbed 27 rebounds, but Oregon had a decided edge in turnovers, 20-12, and outscored Creighton 35-9 off miscues.
These two teams will square off one more time at Matthew Knight Arena with the winner claiming the 2011 CBI presented by Zebra Pen. Opening tipoff is at 7 p.m.
-Armstead (14 points) recorded his 17th double-figure scoring game of the season. He also recorded five steals to move into sole possession of third place on the school’s all-time list with 151 career steals. He passed Luke Ridnour (150), Fred Jones (148) and Anthony Taylor (147) with tonight’s effort.
-E.J. Singler (10 points) and Joevan Catron (18 points) each scored in double figures for the 27th time this season.
-Oregon ended the first half on an 18-5 run to turn a go up by 14 points at halftime.
-The Ducks picked up their 20th victory of the season, making Dana Altman the third first-year UO head coach to rack up 20 wins in his first season and the first since John Warren went 30-15 in the 1944-45 season.
- It is just the 12th time in school history the Ducks have reached the 20-win mark.
Highlights: CBI FINALS - Oregon vs. Creighton - Game 2PLAY VIDEO
- CBI FINALS - MBB vs. Creighton - Game 2 - Radio Broadcast
- Coach Altman after CBI Game 2
- Catron and Loyd after CBI Game 2
- Tourney Teams Highlight Schedule
- First Wave Of Incoming Freshmen Already Adjusting To College
- Young Gets Chance to Set Pace with Indiana
- Pit Crew Video Nets $30K for UO
- Oregon to Take Part in 2015 Pearl Harbor Ceremonies
- Wise Crowned 49th Pacific Coast Amateur Champion
- Former Oregon Goalkeeper Abby Steele Signs with Reign FC
- Mariota Opens Training Camp Atop Titans Depth Chart
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks