E.J. Singler and sank the first free throw before deliberately missing the second to give Colorado a 72-71 win over Oregon Saturday night.BOULDER, Colo. (AP) -- Nate Tomlinson was fouled with one second remaining by
Oregon's Olu Ashaolu tied it at 71 with 7.6 seconds left and was fouled by Askia Booker, but he missed the free throw, and Andre Roberson corralled the rebound for Colorado.
Behind Booker's 17 points and 16 from Spencer Dinwiddie, the Buffaloes (16-7, 8-3) remained perfect at home in their first season in the Pac-12, improving to 7-0 in league play in Boulder. The last time they won eight of their first 11 league games was in 1997 in the Big 12.
Devoe Joseph led the Ducks (16-7, 7-4), who fell to 4-2 on the road in the Pac-12, with 18 points, Ashaolu scored 17 and Singler added 13 points and 12 rebounds.
- E.J. Singler had 13 points and 13 rebounds for his fourth career double-double (first of the season). His 13 rebounds were a season-high.
- Olu Ashaolu (17 points) reached double-figures in scoring for the seventh time this season.
- Devoe Joseph scored a game-high 18 points to lead the team in scoring for the ninth time this season.
Buffaloes Outlast Ducks in 72-71 Win in Boulder
Release Date: 02/04/2012
RELATED VIDEOVIEW MORE VIDEOS ›
- Ducks Grind Out Win in OT Over UCSB
- Ducks Close Out Busy Slate with UCSB
- New Lineup Sparks Ducks to Victory Over Delaware State, 83-70
- Ducks Host High-Flying Hornets
- Chandler Scores 13 In UO Debut to Help Ducks beat Northridge
- While Preparing to Battle at Rose Bowl, Ducks and Seminoles Team Up to Fight Rare Disease
- Anderson On Rockies 40-Man Roster
- Oregon Enjoys Steady Diet of Success at Receiver Under Matt Lubick
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks