CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) -- Garrett Sim had a season-high 25 points to help Oregon hold on for a 74-73 win against Oregon State on Sunday night.
Devoe Joseph and Olu Ashaolu added 16 points apiece for the Ducks (20-8, 11-5 Pac-12).
Ahmad Starks had 18 points and Angus Brandt 16 for the Beavers (15-13, 5-11).
Oregon State came back from a 10-point deficit, cutting the margin to two on Devon Collier's basket off a rebound with 41 seconds remaining. Ashaolu made one of two free throws with 9.9 seconds left, giving Oregon State one last possession with an opportunity to tie.
Challe Barton missed a 3-pointer, and the Beavers' Jared Cunningham followed with a dunk for the game's final score.
- Oregon has reached 20 wins for the second straight season. It marked just the third time in school history UO has produced consecutive seasons of 20+ wins.
- The Ducks improved to 15-5 this year when holding a halftime lead (33-32) … the Ducks are now 6-3 in road Pac-12 games.
- Garrett Sim established new season-highs for points (25), field goals made (10) and field goals attempted (14). Sim reached the 1,000-point mark in the win over OSU. He now has 1,001 career points in 130 games.
- Tony Woods (one block) set a new single-season school record for blocks (now with 43 this season). The previous mark was 42 held by Blair Rasmussen set in the 1986-86 season.
- Olu Ashaolu (16 points) reached double figures in scoring for the 10th time this season. It was the fourth time in the last six games that Ashaolu scored in double figures.
- Devoe Joseph scored 12 of his 16 points in the second half. It’s the 14th straight game Joseph has scored in double figures (and the 21st time in 22 games this season).
- The Ducks were limited to just two made field goals during an eight-minute stretch in the first half (12:35 - 4:35).
Basketball - M
BASKETBALL - M
BASKETBALL - W
GOLF - M
GOLF - W
TENNIS - M
TENNIS - W
TRACK & FIELD
No Events in the Near Future
@OregonMBB: Just left the Celebration of Life for Alex Rovello. What a wonderful young man and and great show of love and caring. RIP Alex!
Thu, 23 May 2013 02:02:47 +0000
@OregonMBB: We are very proud of @d_dot21 for being selected as one of 24 finalists for the U-19 National Team. Hard work paying off! #USA
Thu, 23 May 2013 00:35:32 +0000
@OregonMBB: Dotson Selected for USA Basketball U19 Training Camp http://t.co/l28Iy98cOl
Wed, 22 May 2013 17:29:16 +0000
@OregonMBB: So swaggy! RT @EJSingler: @OregonMBB The Swaggest of the Swag!
Tue, 14 May 2013 22:58:09 +0000