Singler Leads Ducks to Road Win Over Stanford, 68-64
Release Date: 02/19/2012
Singler finished with 20 points, five rebounds and three assists while Olu Ashaolu added 14 points off the bench for the Ducks (19-8, 10-5 Pac-12), who have won two straight at Maples Pavilion following a 24-game losing streak that dated to 1986.
More importantly, the win moves Oregon into a fourth-place tie with Arizona with three regular-season games remaining. That's critical because the top four teams in the standings receive first-round byes in the Pac-12 tournament.
Josh Owens had 20 points and Dwight Powell scored 11 for Stanford (18-9, 8-7). The Cardinal went scoreless over the final 3:45 after taking a 64-61 lead on Owens' dunk.
- Ducks are now 9-1 when holding their opponents below 70 points … UO improved to 12-3 this year in games decided by less than 10 points (5-2 in games decided by less than five points).
- It was just the third time this year Oregon won despite trailing at halftime (3-4 this year when trailing at the half).
- The Ducks out-rebounded their opponent for the 14th time this season (UO is 10-4 in those contests).
- E.J. Singler (20 points) led the team in scoring for the eighth time this season. It was the fifth time this season Singler has scored 20 or more points. He became the 31st player in school history to reach the 1,000-point mark in the game (now with 1,015 career points in 98 career games).
- Olu Ashaolu (14 points and 10 rebounds) registered his second double-double of the season (28th of his career).
- Devoe Joseph (12 points) reached double-figures in scoring for the 13th straight game. Joseph has scored 10 or more points in 20 of the 21 games he’s played in this season.
RELATED VIDEOVIEW MORE VIDEOS ›
- Ducks Looking to Bounce Back at ASU
- Wildcats Leave No Doubt in Tucson
- Ducks Look To Show Growth In Rematch With Arizona
- No. 6 Arizona Awaits Ducks in Desert
- Better Ball Movement Fuels Scintillating Shooting In Win Over UCLA
- TrackTown Tuesday makes season debut on Feb. 3
- 2014 Season In Review: Linebackers
- Multi-Events Lead Ducks to UW Invitational
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks