Ducks Trample Utes, 94-48
Release Date: 03/03/2012
Carlos Emory also scored 19 and Garrett Sim added 13 points for the Ducks (22-8, 13-5 Pac-12), who locked up third place in the conference and secured a bye in the first round of next week's Pac-12 tournament.
Jason Washburn scored 26 to lead the Utes (6-24, 3-15), who went 0-12 on the road this season.
This one got ugly for Utah real fast as the Ducks went up 34-2 in the first 13 minutes of the game. Oregon finished off the half with four straight 3-pointers to lead 52-14 at halftime.
Joseph finished 8 for 9 from the floor with six rebounds and five assists. Overall, Oregon shot 56.5 percent from the field, including 65.6 percent in the first half.
- The Ducks scored a season-high 94 points as a team. The previous high this season was 92 points at Washington State. Oregon also made a season-high 15 shots from behind the 3-point arc. It was the first time since the 2009-10 season UO has made 15 or more 3-pointers in a game.
- UO’s rebounding margin (+18, 42-24) was the largest for a game this season.
- Oregon had five players score in double-figures for the first time this season: Joseph, Emory, Sim, Ashaolu and Singler.
- Devoe Joseph scored a team-high 21 points on 8-of-9 shooting from the field. It was the 12th time this season Joseph has led the team in scoring. It was also the 16th straight game he reached double-figures in scoring.
- Carlos Emory scored a career-high 19 points (making a career-best 8-of-9 from the field).
- E.J. Singler had 12 points and a team-high 10 rebounds for his second double-double of the season (fifth of his career).
- The Ducks’ largest lead was 40 points (52-12, with 37 seconds remaining in the first half).
- Oregon held the Utes scoreless during a 10 minute stretch in the first half. Utah hit its first basket with 17:50 in the first half, and made its second basket with 6:25 left in the half. Oregon’s lead went from 7-2 to 34-4 in that run (27 unanswered points).
- Utah’s first-half shooting percentage (22.7 percent) was a season-worst effort by a UO opponent this season.
Highlights: MBB vs UtahPLAY VIDEO
- Condensed Game: MBB vs. Utah
- MBB vs Utah
- Garrett Sim and Devoe Joseph post Utah
- Dana Altman post Utah
- Hoops Fans Heard: 2015-16 Basketball Season Tickets Priced Dramatically Lower
- Looking Back at the 2014-15 Season
- In His Final Game For Oregon, Young Provides One Last Memorable Performance
- Ducks Take Fight To Badgers In NCAA Tournament Loss
- Ducks Ready To Battle Badgers Again
- Ducks Even Score With Huskies, 4-3
- Ducks' Bid for Fifth Title Falls Short
- Ducks Finish Sweep of No. 9 Cajuns
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks