Ducks Triumph Over Iowa, Face Huskies Tuesday
Release Date: 03/18/2012
Carlos Emory also had 19 points, and Devoe Joseph and Garrett Sim scored 15 each for the Ducks (24-9), who rallied from a 15-point deficit in the first half to advance to the quarterfinals and a game against Pac-12 rival Washington in Seattle on Tuesday.
Oregon's 108 points was its most in a game since beating UC Riverside 108-67 Dec. 28, 2002.
Devyn Marble led the Hawkeyes (18-17) with 31 points and made all seven of his 3-point attempts. He shot 10 of 15 overall.
Aaron White also scored 22 for Iowa, Melsahn Basabe had 17 points and Bryce Cartwright had 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Oregon took the lead for good on a 3-pointer by Joseph with 11:44 to play in the game that made it 71-68.
- Oregon finished-out the 2011-12 home schedule with a 17-3 record at Matthew Knight Arena.
- The Ducks recorded a new season-high scoring effort (108 – tied for eighth highest scoring out-put in school history). It was the first time this season UO scored 100+ points. It was the first 100-point game by the Ducks since moving into Matthew Knight Arena (33rd in the history of the program).
- UO registered a season-high 26 assists (to 35 made baskets).
- The Ducks had five players in double-figures for the second consecutive game (Singler 25, Ashaolu 22, Emory 19, Sim 15, Joseph 15).
- E.J. Singler (25 points) scored 20+ points for the sixth time this season. It was the ninth time Singler led the team in scoring this season.
- Olu Ashaolu (22 points) reached the 20-point mark for just the second time this season.
- Oregon had two players score 20+ points for the first time since UO’s road win over Washington on Jan 2, 2010 (Malcolm Armstead 21 points, Michael Dunigan 20 points).
- Carlos Emory matched a career-high with 19 points (10-of-11 on free throws).
- Iowa’s 51 first-half points were the most of a UO opponent this season. The Ducks trailed by as many as 15 points in the first stanza (31-16 – 10:46).
- Oregon tied the game at 58-58 with 16:50 in the second half. Took its first lead of the second half (60-59) with 16:09 in the game.
Highlights: MBB vs. Iowa - NIT Second RoundPLAY VIDEO
- E.J. Singler and Garrett Sim post Iowa
- Dana Altman post Iowa
- Pit Crew Video Nets $30K for UO
- Oregon to Take Part in 2015 Pearl Harbor Ceremonies
- Chandler Granted Release
- Hoops Fans Heard: 2015-16 Basketball Season Tickets Priced Dramatically Lower
- Looking Back at the 2014-15 Season
- First Wave Qualifies for NCAA Championships
- As Regional Opens, Ducks Eager To Build On Hot Finish
- Volleyball Recruiting Class Ranked No. 4
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks