Paul Westhead and senior guard Laura Stanulis participated in the Pac-12's Women's Basketball Tip-Off Event held Oct. 21-22 at the Pac-12 Network studios in San Francisco, Calif.Head coach
- Click here for the Pac-12's Women's Basketball Tip-Off Event Website
- Click here for a photo gallery from the media day festivities (courtesy of the Pac-12)
The festivities began Sunday night with a dinner social for participating student-athletes which served as an opportunity for the players to get to know one another.
The following morning, both coaches and players were up early to start media day work at the Pac-12 studios.
After a group picture opportunity, the Oregon contingent took to the Pac-12 Media Roundtable. That media group was made up of television and print media who had approximately 20 minutes to ask questions to both coach and student-athlete.
Click here for a quick breakdown of what Coach Westhead and Laura Stanulis had to say at the Pac-12 media roundtable discussion.
Click on the photo below to view a behind the scenes video shot by the Pac-12.
Also announced at the media event was the conference's preseason poll. Stanford was voted the preseason favorite by the Pac-12 women’s basketball coaches to win the Pac-12 title in 2012-13. Collecting a maximum number of points (121) and first-place votes (11), the Cardinal earn the honor for the 12th year in a row. Receiving one first-place vote and picked to finish second in the polling was California (109), with UCLA rounding out the top-three with 100 points.
The Ducks were picked to finish 11th (behind Washington State and ahead of Arizona).
A Pac-12 preseason coaches’ poll has been administered since the 1998-99 season. Following are the results of the 2012 Pac-12 preseason coaches’ poll; coaches are not allowed to vote for their own teams (points: 11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1, first-place votes in parentheses).
2012-13 PAC-12 WOMEN’S BASKETBALL COACHES’ POLL
Team (First Place) Points
1. Stanford (11) 121
2. California (1) 109
3. UCLA 100
4. USC 91
5. Arizona State 67
Oregon State 67
7. Utah 56
8. Washington 54
9. Colorado 49
10. Washington State 40
11. Oregon 20
12. Arizona 18
Westhead, Stanulis Participate in Pac-12 Media Day
Release Date: 10/25/2012
- Alleyne Earns USA Basketball Invite
- UO Signs NWAC Player of the Year Mar'Shay Moore
- UO Signs JC All-American Point Guard Megan Trinder
- Alleyne Named Associated Press Third Team All-America
- Four Ducks Earn All-Academic Honors
- Mercado Helps Spark Ducks Past Wolfpack In Supers
- Ducks Rally Falls Short In Game One
- NCAA Division I Menís and Womenís Outdoor Track & Field Championships Single Day Tickets on Sale Tuesday, May 26
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks