Ducks Lose Close Game to USC, 67-62
Release Date: 01/06/2013
Ariel Thomas and Amanda Delgado led the Ducks with 15 points each on 6-of-15 and 5-of-13 shooting from the field, respectively. Jillian Alleyne was one point away from another double-double as she finished with nine points and 10 boards to go with her three blocks on the day.
Oregon shot 39.1 percent (25-of-64) from the field, while the Trojans finished the game at 33.3 percent (22-of-66). The Ducks’ biggest advantage came down low as they led USC 30-20 in points in the paint.
USC’s Ariya Crook and Cassie Harberts led all scorers with 16 points each.
Oregon started on a 7-4 run thanks to five quick points from Ariel Thomas. After trading baskets and the lead twice, a Danielle Love block led to back-to-back three pointers from Amanda Delgado to put the Ducks up 24-22 with 6:16 remaining in the half. USC reclaimed the lead before the end of the period, heading into the locker room up 32-30.
USC quickly extended their lead to eight points in the opening minutes of the second period and maintained at least a four-point lead until Liz Brenner made a layup with 8:24 remaining to bring the Ducks within three.
A three-point play by Alleyne with 4:36 left in the game tied the game at 55 a piece. The two teams exchanged buckets before five three throws from Crook and Harberts put the game out of reach for the Ducks.
UO returns to the hardwood Friday, Jan. 11 at Arizona State. Tip-off is slated for 5:30 p.m.
- The Ducks used their sixth different starting lineup combination of the year. Liz Brenner registered her first start of the 2012-13 campaign (ninth career start). Starters: G-Jordan Loera, G-Ariel Thomas, F-Danielle Love, F-Liz Brenner, F-Jillian Alleyne).
- It was the second time this season that all players used in the lineup scored.
- Oregon shot a season-worst 44.4 percent from the free throw line (8-of-18). The Ducks entered the game as the top free throw shooting team in the Pac-12 Conference.
- Ariel Thomas (15 points, nine rebounds, seven assists) led the team in scoring for the third time this season. It was the sixth time this year she’s tallied 10+ points. Thomas also registered a career-high for rebounds. It was also the second time she’s led the team in rebounding (in eight games on the year). Thomas tallied a career-high for assists, and her total was a team-best, something Thomas has done in seven of the eight games she’s played in this season.
- Amanda Delgado (15 points) led the team in scoring for the fourth time this season. It was also the fourth time she’s reached double-figures in scoring. It was the first time she’s scored 10 or more points since returning from an injury that kept her out for five games.
- The Ducks limited USC to 67 points which is the third-lowest output for an opponent this season. Samford has the season low of 61 points. Fresno State was limited to 64 points.
- Jillian Alleyne (10 rebounds) reached double-figures in rebounding for the 11th time this year. Alleyne (nine points) narrowly missed recording her sixth double-double of the season.
Paul Westhead Post USCPLAY VIDEO
- Ariel Thomas/Amanda Delgado Post USC
- Allyene 20th Pick in WNBA Draft
- Women's Basketball Wraps Up Season at Banquet
- Season Ends in WNIT Semifinals
- WNIT Semifinals Up Next for Ducks
- Ducks Roar Back, Defeat UTEP
- Pitching Propels Ducks Past Gaels
- Ducks Reach NCAA Quarterfinals After Thrilling Finish Monday
- Community Service Event: Part II
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks