EUGENE, Ore. -- The University of Oregon women’s soccer team won 7-1 over Southern Oregon in an exhibition match on Saturday, April 6.
Oregon opened its scoring spree in the 10th minute when Kristen Parr snuck the ball to the right of the goalie to give the Ducks a 1-0 lead. Parr's goal was assisted by Bri Pugh.
Cara Wegner put Oregon up 2-0 after scoring in the 14th minute, capitalizing on a goalie deflection.
Maryn Beutler was awarded a penalty shot after being tripped in the penalty box. She took advantage of that foul by scoring the Duck's third goal with a shot straight down the middle.
Oregon went up 4-0 after Kiyomi Cook scored off an assist from Beutler. With a minute remaining in the first half, Kira Wagoner fired a shot from 15 yards out giving the Ducks a 5-0 lead going into halftime.
Southern Oregon scored its only goal in the 63rd minute.
Oregon responded 10 minutes later when Brooke Strawn scored off a corner kick opportunity to put the Ducks up 6-1.
Beutler then tallied the match’s final goal, which was her second of the game, to make it 7-1.
Oregon returns to action on Sunday, April 21 with a road game against Washington.
Ducks Cruise to 7-1 Exhibition Win Over Southern Oregon
Release Date: 04/08/2013
- Professional Soccer Update from Kristen Parr
- Senior Community Service Event: Eugene Mission
- Kuroda Receives National Team Camp Invite
- Everett Invited to U-19 Women's National Team Training Camp
- Spring 2016 Schedule Announced
- Ducks Win 14th Straight, Run-Rule Cal
- Ducks Remain in Contention after Second Round
- Notes - Pac-12 Championship Within Reach at Cal
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks