Soccer, Men's Golf Take Home Showtime Titles
Release Date: 05/06/2013
The winner for the live performance category was the Oregon soccer team who did a dance medley routine with glow-in-the-dark costumes. Click here for video of the soccer team's live performance.
The Oregon men’s golf team retained the title for best video submission to make it consecutive years they have won that award. Their video was a spoof on how famous the team and the golfers have become since winning the best video submission at the 2012 Showtime event. Click here for video of the golf team's performance
Other live performances came from UO’s acrobatics & tumbling, lacrosse, softball, men’s basketball, women’s golf, men’s/women’s tennis, football and track & field teams. Acro & tumbling’s Zakia Houston also performed a dance solo for the live performance category.
UO’s volleyball and women’s basketball teams joined men’s golf in the video submission category. The volleyball team did a spin-off video in the make of Macklemore's "Thrift Shop" music video. Click here to see the volleyball team's video submission.
Video highlights of the entire talent show can be accessed through this link.
- Oregon Soccer Gives Back to Community: Part 2
- Soccer Receives Recognition From NCAA For APR Scores
- Oregon Soccer Gives Back to Community: Part 1
- Mertz Adds One More Player To Incoming Crop
- Soccer Announces Spring Schedule
- Ducks Look To Rebound After Dropping WCWS Opener to UCLA
- First Wave Qualifies for NCAA Championships
- As Regional Opens, Ducks Eager To Build On Hot Finish
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks