Ducks Grounded by Top-Ranked Cardinal
Release Date: 11/07/2010
The Pac-10 champion Cardinal scored a pair of goals in a 1:27 span with tallies from Camille Levin in the 16th minute and Rachel Quon in the 18th minute. Stanford took the 2-0 lead into halftime.
UO came out of the break strong and applied more pressure on the defense. After being held to only one shot attempt in the opening frame, the Ducks fired five shots at the Cardinal net in the second half.
“We were able to refocus and come up with a better game plan in the second half,” head coach Tara Erickson said. “We went on the offensive a little more and limited their offensive firepower after halftime.”
Despite the improvements, Stanford made it a 3-0 contest in the 62nd minute when Teresa Noyola drilled a free kick past Lindsay Parlee.
The Cardinal outshot the Ducks, 17-6, and held a 9-2 advantage in corner kicks.
“Some of our younger players got some valuable experience today,” Erickson said. “Seeing a team like Stanford and facing them in a game situation will help them going forward.”
Lindsay Parlee got the start in goal and turned aside seven of the 10 Cardinal shots in 90 minutes of action.
The Ducks’ three Pac-10 victories are a two-win improvement from last season and their most since the 2006 campaign.
- Professional Soccer Update from Kristen Parr
- Senior Community Service Event: Eugene Mission
- Kuroda Receives National Team Camp Invite
- Everett Invited to U-19 Women's National Team Training Camp
- Spring 2016 Schedule Announced
- Ducks Finish Weekend With Season Bests at Payton Jordan
- Williams Named to MPSF All-Tournament Team
- Ducks Rally To Win Series
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks