Ducks Grounded by Top-Ranked Cardinal
Release Date: 11/07/2010
The Pac-10 champion Cardinal scored a pair of goals in a 1:27 span with tallies from Camille Levin in the 16th minute and Rachel Quon in the 18th minute. Stanford took the 2-0 lead into halftime.
UO came out of the break strong and applied more pressure on the defense. After being held to only one shot attempt in the opening frame, the Ducks fired five shots at the Cardinal net in the second half.
“We were able to refocus and come up with a better game plan in the second half,” head coach Tara Erickson said. “We went on the offensive a little more and limited their offensive firepower after halftime.”
Despite the improvements, Stanford made it a 3-0 contest in the 62nd minute when Teresa Noyola drilled a free kick past Lindsay Parlee.
The Cardinal outshot the Ducks, 17-6, and held a 9-2 advantage in corner kicks.
“Some of our younger players got some valuable experience today,” Erickson said. “Seeing a team like Stanford and facing them in a game situation will help them going forward.”
Lindsay Parlee got the start in goal and turned aside seven of the 10 Cardinal shots in 90 minutes of action.
The Ducks’ three Pac-10 victories are a two-win improvement from last season and their most since the 2006 campaign.
- Ducks Announce 2015 Soccer Schedule
- Oregon Soccer Gives Back to Community: Part 3
- Oregon Soccer Gives Back to Community: Part 2
- Soccer Receives Recognition From NCAA For APR Scores
- Oregon Soccer Gives Back to Community: Part 1
- Tourney Teams Highlight Schedule
- First Wave Of Incoming Freshmen Already Adjusting To College
- Ducks Enriched by Service Trip To Dominican Republic
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks