Jen Stoltenberg was named to the Pac-10 Conference’s All-Academic Second Team it was announced by the league office Thursday. Stoltenberg, one of 10 Ducks recognized, boasts a 3.49 GPA in business administration.EUGENE, Ore. -- University of Oregon senior forward
To be eligible for selection to the academic team, a student-athlete must have a minimum 3.0 overall
grade-point average and be either a starter or significant contributor.
Nine Oregon student-athletes received honorable mention all-academic accolades:
- Seniors: Kirstie Kuhns, Rianna Mansfield and Mercedes Walters.
- Junior: Taylor Jones
- Sophomores: Nicole Bakke, Kelsey Hones, Scout Libke, Maddy Mercier and Lauren Thompson
The 10 total Oregon honorees is the most of any Tara Erickson-coached team. Last year UO boasted eight student-athletes recognized as part of the all-academic teams.
Stoltenberg led Oregon offensively this season with 12 goals and five assists for 29 total points. She recently earned first team all-conference honors, the first Duck to receive those accolades since the 2006 season when Nicole Garbin earned that recognition.
Stoltenberg, who on the career has 33 goals and 18 assists, is UO’s all-time points leader (84). During the 2010 season she surpassed the school record held by Garbin (83 points, 34 goals, 15 assists).
2010 Pac-10 All-Academic Teams Announced
Release Date: 11/11/2010
- Mertz Adds Eight to Class of 2016
- Registration Open for Summer Residential Camps
- Mertz Adds Transfer to 2016 Class
- Eight Earn Pac-12 All-Academic Honors
- Everett Named To Pac-12 All-Freshman Team
- With Season Approaching, Ducks Have Options In The Field
- Season Preview: Pitchers
- Ducks Win Civil War Challenge
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks