Powers and Parr Named to Midseason Freshman Top 100
Release Date: 10/15/2012
"We have an outstanding freshman class," said head coach Tara Erickson. "To get two kids recognized out of that group is fantastic recognition for our program and it is well deserved for both Kristen and Mariah."
Elk Grove, Calif. native Mariah Powers came in at number 52 on the list. The defender has played in all 15 games so far this season and has scored one goal and one assist to go along with ten shots, seven of which were on goal. Her lone goal came against Gonzaga on Sept. 16th when she passed the ball to herself around a defender before firing a shot into the back of the net.
Forward Kristen Parr is the only other Duck on the list as she comes in at number 74. The Bend, Ore. native has also played in all 15 games and is the Ducks’ leading goal-scorer so far this season with seven goals. She has fired 20 shots, 16 of them on goal.
In total, nine players from the Pac-12 conference were selected including one from Stanford, UCLA, California, Washington, Utah, Colorado and USC. Oregon is the only school within the conference with multiple players on the list.
- Oregon Soccer to offer Soccer Development Academies
- UO Soccer - Season In Review
- 8 Ducks Earn Pac-12 Academic Honors
- Three Ducks Receive Pac-12 Honors
- Ducks Win Season Finale Over OSU
- 2014 Season Review: Offensive line
- Ducks Fall in OT at Arizona
- Ducks Stem the Tide, Defeat No. 36 Alabama
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks