EUGENE, Ore. -- The University of Oregon women’s soccer team won 7-1 over Southern Oregon in an exhibition match on Saturday, April 6.
Oregon opened its scoring spree in the 10th minute when Kristen Parr snuck the ball to the right of the goalie to give the Ducks a 1-0 lead. Parr's goal was assisted by Bri Pugh.
Cara Wegner put Oregon up 2-0 after scoring in the 14th minute, capitalizing on a goalie deflection.
Maryn Beutler was awarded a penalty shot after being tripped in the penalty box. She took advantage of that foul by scoring the Duck's third goal with a shot straight down the middle.
Oregon went up 4-0 after Kiyomi Cook scored off an assist from Beutler. With a minute remaining in the first half, Kira Wagoner fired a shot from 15 yards out giving the Ducks a 5-0 lead going into halftime.
Southern Oregon scored its only goal in the 63rd minute.
Oregon responded 10 minutes later when Brooke Strawn scored off a corner kick opportunity to put the Ducks up 6-1.
Beutler then tallied the match’s final goal, which was her second of the game, to make it 7-1.
Oregon returns to action on Sunday, April 21 with a road game against Washington.
Ducks Cruise to 7-1 Exhibition Win Over Southern Oregon
Release Date: 04/08/2013
- Ducks Announce 2015 Soccer Schedule
- Oregon Soccer Gives Back to Community: Part 3
- Oregon Soccer Gives Back to Community: Part 2
- Soccer Receives Recognition From NCAA For APR Scores
- Oregon Soccer Gives Back to Community: Part 1
- Tourney Teams Highlight Schedule
- First Wave Of Incoming Freshmen Already Adjusting To College
- Ducks Enriched by Service Trip To Dominican Republic
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks