The University of Oregon proudly welcomes the NCAA West Regional Championships to Hayward Field for the second time in three years on Friday-Saturday, May 25-26.
The top collegians from the states of Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon and Washington will vie for top-five individual event and top-three relay event finishes in return for invitations to the NCAA Outdoor Championships, Wednesday-Saturday, June 6-9 in Sacramento, Calif.
The NCAA has provided start lists, and declared athlete lists, for the 2007 NCAA West Regionals. Use the following lists to learn more:
All session passes for the 2007 Track & Field West Regional are
currently available through the Oregon Athletic Ticket Office. Tickets
may be purchased in person at the Casanova Center ticket office, online
on GoDucks.com or over the phone via 1.800.WEBFOOT. Single day passes
will be available beginning May 11th at 9:00am. Click here for more information on track tickets and West Regional ticket prices.
Campus parking permit restrictions are in effect Friday from 7 am - 6 pm, and metered parking is still in effect on Saturday.
Track & Field 101
New to track and field? If so, make sure to check out the Track &
Field 101 guide produced by the Oregon Track program. This is a great
resource to learn about college track and field or simply brush up you
To download this 20 page PDF (1.6 MB) click here
West Regionals Coaches Packet
to download the 2007 NCAA West Regionals Coaches' Packet (PDF,
<1MB). This packet includes contact information, meet schedule,
important dates, regulations and other meet information.
Meet Schedule in PDF format
Schedule of Events for Friday, May 25
- 1:00 p.m. Javelin (Women's Trials & Final)
- 1:20 p.m. Hammer (Men's Trials & Final)
- 2:15 p.m. High Jump (Women's Final)
- 3:00 p.m. Pole Vault (Men's Final)
- 3:25 p.m. Long Jump (Men's Trials & Final)
- 4:50 p.m. Discus (Men's Trials & Final)
- 5:22 p.m. Long Jump (Women's Trials & Final)
- 5:27 p.m. Shot Put (Women's Trials & Final)
Schedule of Events for Saturday, May 26
- 2:45 p.m. National Anthem
- 2:55 p.m. 4x100 Meter Relay (Men's Prelims)
- 3:10 p.m. 1,500 Meters (Men's Prelims)
- 3:35 p.m. 1,500 Meters (Women's Prelims)
- 3:55 p.m. 110 Meter Hurdles (Men's Prelims)
- 4:15 p.m. 100 Meter Hurdles (Women's Prelims)
- 4:30 p.m. 100 Meters (Men's Prelims)
- 4:45 p.m. 100 Meters (Women's Prelims)
- 5:00 p.m. 400 Meters (Men's Prelims)
- 5:15 p.m. 400 Meters (Women's Prelims)
- 5:30 p.m. 800 Meters (Men's Prelims)
- 5:45 p.m. 800 Meters (Women's Prelims)
- 6:05 p.m. 400 Meter Hurdles (Men's Prelims)
- 6:25 p.m. 400 Meter Hurdles (Women's Prelims)
- 6:45 p.m. 200 Meters (Women's Prelims)
- 7:00 p.m. 5,000 Meters (Men's Finals)
- 7:20 p.m. 5,000 Meters (Women's Finals)
- 11:00 a.m. Javelin Men's Trials & Final
- 11:15 a.m. Hammer Women's Trials & Final
- 12:45 p.m. Pole Vault Women's Final
- 1:57 p.m. Triple Jump Women's Trials & Final
- 2:07 p.m. High Jump Men's Final
- 2:30 p.m. Discus Women's Trials & Final
- 3:02 p.m. Triple Jump Men's Trials & Final
- 3:07 p.m. Shot Put Men's Trials & Final
Time Event Round
- 1:20 p.m. National Anthem
- 1:30 p.m. 4x100 Meter Relay (Men's Finals)
- 1:40 p.m. 4x100 Meter Relay (Women's Finals)
- 1:50 p.m. 1,500 Meters (Men's Finals)
- 2:00 p.m. 1,500 Meters (Women's Finals)
- 2:15 p.m. 110 Meter Hurdles (Men's Finals)
- 2:25 p.m. 100 Meter Hurdles (Women's Finals)
- 2:35 p.m. 100 Meters (Men's Finals)
- 2:40 p.m. 100 Meters (Women's Finals)
- 2:45 p.m. 400 Meters (Men's Finals)
- 2:50 p.m. 400 Meters (Women's Finals)
- 2:55 p.m. 800 Meters (Men's Finals)
- 3:00 p.m. 800 Meters (Women's Finals)
- 3:10 p.m. 400 Meter Hurdles (Men's Finals)
- 3:20 p.m. 400 Meter Hurdles (Women's Finals)
- 3:30 p.m. 200 Meters (Men's Finals)
- 3:35 p.m. 200 Meters (Women's Finals)
- 3:45 p.m. 3,000 Meter Steeplechase (Men's Finals)
- 4:10 p.m. 3,000 Meter Steeplechase (Women's Finals)
- 4:35 p.m. 4x400 Meter Relay (Men's Finals)
- 4:50 p.m. 4x400 Meter Relay (Women's Finals)
About The West Regionals
The 2007 Track & Field West Regionals will be held at historic Hayward Field from May 25th to May 26th. The University of Oregon will play host to this year's regionals. Click here for ticket information.
Local Accommodations & Attractions
The Eugene/Springfield area many different hotels and restaurants to choose from. For a list of hotels and restaurants please visit the following
About Track Town USA
The centerpiece of 'Track City USA', Hayward Field attracts athletes,
coaches and fans from thousands of miles away because of its renowned
crowds well-versed in the sport and ready to roar in approval. Hayward
Field's historic, covered grandstands are equally beloved, and
comparable to many famous European venues. The 'Carnegie Hall' for
American track and field plays host annually to the nation's finest
single-day track and field contest, the Prefontaine Classic, which
features the top mix of national and international talent on American
soil each year. Click here to learn more about Hayward Field.
To learn more about the rich history and tradition of Track Town USA click here.
Championship Results & Live Results
Live results for this year's West Regional will be available on GoDucks.com. To view live results now click here.
Directions to Hayward Field
From Eugene Airport to Hayward Field (www.MapQuest.com)
- From Airport Baggage Claim/Parking Lot, follow Douglas Drive .25
miles to Northrup Drive and continue another .25 miles SOUTH to stop
sign at corner of Airport Road.
- Turn LEFT (east) onto AIRPORT RD and go 1.3 miles to stoplight at HIGHWAY 99.
- Turn RIGHT (south) onto HIGHWAY 99 and go 1.4 miles to exit for
BELTLINE HIGHWAY and take exit immediately after overpass (south edge).
- Take exit for BELTLINE HWY EAST toward I-5/SPRINGFIELD and go 3.6
miles to DELTA HIGHWAY exit.5: Take first DELTA HWY exit (south)
towards VALLEY RIVER CTR MALL/EUGENE for 1.8 miles.
- As you pass the VALLEY RIVER CENTER Mall, stay in left lane and
merge left onto exit for I-105 E/OR-126 E and stay on road for 0.8
- Take exit #2 for COUNTRY CLUB RD. for 0.2 miles and stay in middle lane.
- Proceed staight (east) for .1 miles to stop sign at corner of COBURG ROAD next to car dealership.
- Turn RIGHT onto COBURG RD (south), and stay in left lane and go .7
miles over Ferry Street Bridge and past exits for 6th & 8th Streets
(STAY IN LEFT LANE).
- COBURG RD will fork to the left down a ramp and road will curve
several times in next 1.25-1.5 miles as it skirts downtown and traces
the north edge of campus.
- At stoplight for AGATE STREET on east edge of campus, take a right (south) for .3 miles.
- Hayward Field is at the corner of Agate and 15th AVE (1580 E 15th Ave, Eugene, OR 97403-9705)
Total Est. Time: 20 minutes Total Est. Distance: 11.98 miles
To Hayward Field from Interstate 5 (From the North)
Take Interstate 5 South from Portland and follow directions from
above starting with step 4 (Beltline exit - and Delta Highway is 4-5
To Hayward Field from Interstate 5 (From the South)
Take Interstate 5 North from Roseburg and take exit 192 for Highway
99 (only goes west). Go 3/4-mile north on Franklin Street to stoplight
at Agate Street and take left (south) on edge of campus. Go 3 blocks
south on Agate, and Hayward Field is at the corner of 15th and Agate.