The Student Tennis CEnter
About the Student Tennis Center
Student Tennis Center at a Glance
- 1635 University St. Eugene, OR
- Number of Courts: 6 Indoor, 6 Outdoor
- Opened:September 25, 2000
Trivia: The Student Tennis Center is used by both the Men's and Women's Varsity Tennis Teams, Club Tennis, and the general student body.
Opened in September 2000, the Student Tennis Center at the University of Oregon was a tremendous step forward in solidifying the presence of Duck Tennis as a major component of the University’s athletic culture.
The $2.1 million facility hosts both the Men’s and Women’s varsity tennis programs, as well as Club Tennis, physical education classes, and student recreation. The project was the result of a combined effort fundraising effort from Physical Activities and Recreation Services (PARS) Department, the Athletics Department, and the efforts of former Oregon men’s tennis coach Chris Russell and former women’s coach Jack Griffin.
The entire facility received a new playing surface and improved lighting prior to the 2008-2009 season.
Directions to the Student Tennis Center
From I-5 North
- Take exit 194B to merge onto I-105 W/OR-126 W toward Eugene
- Take exit 2 for Coburg Rd toward Downtown
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for University of Oregon and merge onto Coburg Rd
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for OR-99 S/University of Oregon/8th Ave
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for OR-126 BUS and merge onto OR-126 BUS E/OR-99 S/Coburg Rd Continue to follow OR-126 BUS E/OR-99 S
- Turn right onto Agate St
- Turn right onto E 15th Ave
- Turn right onto University St Destination will be on the right
From I-5 South
- Take exit 191 for Glenwood Blvd toward Springfield
- Turn right onto Glenwood Blvd
- Turn left onto OR-126 BUS W/Franklin Blvd
- Slight left onto E 13th Ave
- Turn left onto University St Destination will be on the left
Parking is available next to the venue, with metered restrictions in effect Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., and some 24-hour restricted spots in posted areas nearby.