Men's Tennis Opens Spring Dual Slate
Release Date: 01/16/2013
This is the first regular season action for the Ducks and the PSU Vikings, while Seattle U’s Redhawks lost their opener to Gonzaga 4-3.
The Ducks had a solid fall season as they took home all four possible titles at the PNW Intercollegiates. Robin Cambier and Aaron Clissold won their singles brackets, while the doubles teams of Cambier and Jeff Mullen and newcomers Lova Randriamampandry and Daan Maasland both topped other Duck duos for their titles.
UO hopes to continue the success this season after finishing 17-7 last season with seven players winning over ten matches. Cambier led the way with a 24-9 record and was closely followed by Daniel Sardu (22-12) and Alex Rovello (21-12). In doubles, Cambier and Mullen broke the UO mark with a 29-4 record, while Alex Rovello and the graduated Jose Izquierdo posted a 19-5 record. Clissold and Sardu also enjoyed doubles success as they finished with a 15-7 record.
Oregon was the No. 6 seed in the inaugural Pac-12 men’s tennis tournament and fell to the No. 7 seed Utah Utes 4-0. After a strong season in singles and doubles, Cambier earned Pac-12 Honorable Mention, giving the Ducks plenty to look forward to this year.
The Vikings finished 2-17 last season, while the Redhawks ended with a 4-18 record.
A full recap with statistics from each match will be available following action from the Student Tennis Center on the UO athletics website, www.goducks.com.
Aaron Clissold on upcoming tennis weekendPLAY VIDEO
- Nills Schyllander on upcoming Tennis Weekend
- Ducks Look To Rebound After Dropping WCWS Opener to UCLA
- Lindvall Has Been Oregon's Steadying Force In Run To OKC
- Hawkins, Lilley and Takeda Earn All-America Honors
- Lilley Goes To Great Lengths To Improve, Then And Now
- Notes: Ducks Head to WCWS
- First Wave Qualifies for NCAA Championships
- As Regional Opens, Ducks Eager To Build On Hot Finish
- Volleyball Recruiting Class Ranked No. 4
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks