No. 72 Men's Tennis Set to Host Second Straight Doubleheader
Release Date: 01/23/2013
The Spartans come into the match 1-0 after winning their only match in an extremely over Presbyterian 4-3, while the Eagles come in 1-1 after a 7-0 loss to Idaho and a 7-0 victory over Whitworth.
The Ducks swept both Portland State and Seattle by a score of 7-0 in a Saturday (Jan.19) doubleheader at the Student Tennis Center to open the 2013 spring campaign. The Ducks did not drop a match in singles or doubles play in 18 total matches. Freshmen Daan Maasland, Brent Chin and Lova Randriamampandry all notched their first collegiate victories, while returners Alex Rovello, Jeff Mullen, Daniel Sardu, Robin Cambier, Aaron Clissold and Michael Schaeffer picked up right where they left off in the fall after sweeping the PNW Intercollegiates.
Despite their impressive opening weekend, the Ducks dropped one spot to 72 in ITA’s latest rankings and will look to improve on that with another strong showing on Friday.
A full recap with statistics from each match will be available following action from the Student Tennis Center on the UO athletics website, www.goducks.com.
Daniel Sardu post South Carolina UpstatePLAY VIDEO
- Batterymates Poised To Make History When Ducks Host Arizona
- Notes: Ducks Host No. 17 Arizona
- Ducks Win in Extras, Sweep ASU
- Ducks Hold on to Beat ASU, 5-4
- Lindvall Leads Ducks to 10-4 Win at ASU
- Ducks Advance at Penn Relays, Win Big at Titan Twilight
- Ducks Eliminated from MPSF Tournament
- Kelly Uses No. 7 NFL Draft Pick To Select Ducks' Buckner
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks