Ducks Finish First Round at Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegiate Golf Championship
Release Date: 02/24/2013
Looking to improve on an eighth place finish in the event last year, the Ducks traveled sophomores Cassy Isagawa, Cali Hipp and Monica Petchakan, senior Cheyenne Burbank and freshman Caroline Inglis.
Oregon shot 10-over 298 in the first round at the 6,105 yard, par-72 course, coming in at 13th on the day. Host school Tulane is in the lead with a 6-under 282, followed by Duke and UCLA in a tie for second with 5-under 283.
Petchakan led the Ducks in the first round, shooting 1-over 73 and coming in a tie for 31st place. Burbank was only a stroke behind as she finished 2-over 74 in a tie for 41st overall. Inglis finished 3-over 75 in a tie for 54th place, while Isagawa finished 4-over 76, and Hipp shot a 6-over 78.
Tulane’s Emily Penttila led the field with a 5-under 67, followed by her teammate Gemma Dryburgh and Alabama’s Stephanie Meadow with scores of 4-under 68 in a tie for second place.
UO returns to the English Turn Golf and Country Club in the morning for the second round of the three-day event. Complete hole-by-hole results are available on www.GolfStat.com. The Ducks will tee off at 7:00 a.m. PT in a shotgun start.
- Notes: Ducks Host No. 19 Washington This Weekend
- Ducks Sweep Doubleheader with Utah Valley
- Cheridan Hawkins Named Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week
- Hawkins Tosses Shutout, Ducks Sweep Utah
- Ducks Club Five Home Runs in Win
- Ducks Shoot Even on Day One
- Ducks Back To Pac-12 Play At UA
- Ducks Set to Host Top-Ranked LA Teams
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks