EUGENE, Ore.—The No. 42 University of Oregon men’s tennis team is set to begin conference play as it hits the road to take on the Utah Utes and the No. 64 Arizona Wildcats on Friday and Sunday, respectively. Both the Utes and the Wildcats enter the weekend with 10-6 records.
“We certainly have been consistent in our non-conference portion of the schedule,” said head coach Nils Schyllander. “Now going into Pac-12 play, we need to turn it up another notch in order to achieve our goals. The Pac-12 conference is the toughest league in the country for a reason. Every match from here on out will be a challenge.”
The Utes are coming off a 2-1 performance at the Boise State Invitational with victories against Marquette and Southern Mississippi, while falling to Idaho. The Wildcats went 1-1 on the road last weekend, recording a 7-0 victory against Morehead State and a 6-1 loss against Louisville.
The Ducks are 13-2 on the season after defeating No. 53 Texas A&M Corpus Christi 4-1 and falling to Rice 4-1 in Houston, Texas. Oregon is a perfect 11-0 at home, while winning both of its neutral site matches and losing both true road matches against Washington and Rice.
Oregon has won every doubles point in dual match play this season and is 38-4 overall in doubles play. In singles, the Ducks are 64-22 this season.
A full recap with statistics from each match will be available following action from the road on the UO athletics website, www.goducks.com.
Men's Tennis Set to Begin Pac-12 Play
Release Date: 03/27/2013
- Batterymates Poised To Make History When Ducks Host Arizona
- Notes: Ducks Host No. 17 Arizona
- Ducks Win in Extras, Sweep ASU
- Ducks Hold on to Beat ASU, 5-4
- Lindvall Leads Ducks to 10-4 Win at ASU
- Top-Ranked Trojans Too Much for Ducks
- Spring Game to celebrate 100th anniversary of UO's first Rose Bowl team with throwback uniforms
- Ducks Advance at Penn Relays, Win Big at Titan Twilight
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks