Cali Hipp, a sophomore on the Oregon Women’s Golf team. A native to Caldwell, Idaho, Hipp is currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in General Social Science with a concentration in Crime, Law and Society.Each week O Heroes sits down with one of our student-athletes to get to know more about them on and off the course. This week’s feature is on
Hipp plays a vital part in serving the local community through her involvement with numerous O Heroes events. Her success on the course parallels her success in the classroom and within the O Heroes program.
Most recently, Hipp joined 25 fellow student-athletes for “MLK Day On!”-- a collaborative effort between O Heroes and the Duck Corps-- who helped improve the building conditions at Willamette High School.
In addition, she volunteered at Duck into a Book, Special Olympics and Girls in Sports Day. Hipp’s involvement within the Eugene/ Springfield community is an inspiration to fellow student athletes.
Post-graduation, Hipp hopes to play professionally and plans to work for a golf company. She plans to stay actively involved in the community through First Tee, a program that provides underprivileged kids with equipment and golf instruction.
Hero of the Week: Cali Hipp
Release Date: 04/18/2013
- Softball Picked to Three-Peat as Pac-12 Champs
- Three Ducks Named to USA Softball Top-50 Watch List
- Softball No. 2 in Both Preseason Polls
- Hovinga Earns Spot on Canadian National Team
- Takeda, Lindvall Join Moore on USA Softball Women's National Team
- Ducks Dismantle Wolf Pack Again
- Ducks Shake Up Record Book at UW
- Super J's Big Game Too Much For Bruins
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks