Men's Golf Sixth at UCLA Tourney
Release Date: 11/09/2010
The Ducks shaved 13 strokes off of their opening round score, posting a 7-over 362, but trail No. 16 Stanford by 21 shots heading into Wednesday's final round of the 12-team, 54-hole event. The Cardinal are 6-over (716) for the tourney, followed by host No. 3 UCLA (727), USC (729), Northwestern (731), No. 25 Washington (734) and Oregon (737).
Daniel Miernicki (72-70-142) continued to pace the Ducks and is even par - tied for fifth - after Tuesday's 70 on the 7,169-yard, par 71 course. The junior from Santee, Calif., got off to a scorching start and eagled the par 4 eighth hole to reach 4-under, but shot 3-over on the back nine.
Oregon's No. 1 golfer Eugene Wong had a nice bounce-back day, shooting even par after an opening round 78. Wong (78-71-149) is third among the Ducks and tied for 31st overall in the 76-man field.
Andrew Vijarro (75-73-148) is tied for 24th, Robbie Ziegler (76-74-150) is tied for 38th and Sean Maekawa (74-77-151) is tied for 45th. Jack Dukeminier (79-74-153) scored for Oregon with a 74 Tuesday and is tied for 56th overall. The low five scores from each round are compiled to make up the team score.
The third and final round takes place Wednesday, marking the end of Oregon's brief fall season. Complete statistics are available at www.golfstat.com.
- Ducks Charge Into Fourth Place Entering Sunday's Third Round
- Ducks Enter Weekend Off The Pace After Sluggish First Round
- World's Best Descend Upon ECC
- Shuttle Information for NCAA Golf
- Ducks Set to Host NCAA Championship
- Lindvall Powers Ducks Past Bruins In Super Regionals
- Late Homers Beat Ducks in Finale
- Ducks Lock In NCAA Championships Roster
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks