Ducks Finish Eighth at Husky Invitational
Release Date: 09/21/2010
The Ducks, ranked No. 1 by Golfstat.com coming into the 14-team, 54-hole event, shot 16-over 880 at the 7,304-yard, par 72 course, 33 strokes behind team champion Pepperdine.
Despite a rusty team performance, Oregon's top two individuals picked up near where they left off after leading UO to a third-place NCAA finish last spring. Junior's Eugene Wong and Daniel Miernicki tied for tenth and 16th, respectively, with Wong one of only 14 players to break par.
The North Vancouver, B.C., native shot a final-round 72 for a 2-under 214. Wong was 2-over after 12 holes, but bounced back with a pair of birdies over the final six.
Miernicki, who started the day tied for eighth, slipped down the leaderboard due to a 74, closing out the tourney at 1-over 217.
Sean Maekawa (+10, 226) tied for 48th. Jack Paton (+13, 229) ended tied for 59th and Robbie Ziegler (+16, 232) tied for 65th.
Next up for Oregon is a trip to Oklahoma State for the Ping/Golfweek Preview Sept. 26-28 at Karsten Creek Golf Club.
- Two Ducks to Compete at U.S. Amateur
- Raza Wins Oregon Stroke Play
- Men's Golf Releases 2015-16 Schedule
- Wise Crowned 49th Pacific Coast Amateur Champion
- Ducks Land Five on Pac-12 All-Academic Team
- Football Practice Report: Aug. 29
- Eaton Breaks Decathlon World Record
- Volleyball Clinches Temple Invitational Crown
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks