Ducks Finish Eighth at Husky Invitational
Release Date: 09/21/2010
The Ducks, ranked No. 1 by Golfstat.com coming into the 14-team, 54-hole event, shot 16-over 880 at the 7,304-yard, par 72 course, 33 strokes behind team champion Pepperdine.
Despite a rusty team performance, Oregon's top two individuals picked up near where they left off after leading UO to a third-place NCAA finish last spring. Junior's Eugene Wong and Daniel Miernicki tied for tenth and 16th, respectively, with Wong one of only 14 players to break par.
The North Vancouver, B.C., native shot a final-round 72 for a 2-under 214. Wong was 2-over after 12 holes, but bounced back with a pair of birdies over the final six.
Miernicki, who started the day tied for eighth, slipped down the leaderboard due to a 74, closing out the tourney at 1-over 217.
Sean Maekawa (+10, 226) tied for 48th. Jack Paton (+13, 229) ended tied for 59th and Robbie Ziegler (+16, 232) tied for 65th.
Next up for Oregon is a trip to Oklahoma State for the Ping/Golfweek Preview Sept. 26-28 at Karsten Creek Golf Club.
- Assistant Coach Back To Work After Near-Death Experience
- Martin Signs Foust and Yi to NLIs
- Ducks Sweep at Ka’anapali Classic to Win Fourth Straight
- UO Maintains Commanding Lead at Ka’anapali Classic
- Ducks Go Deep on Historic Day at Ka’anapali Classic
- Notes: Ducks Close Out Non-Conference Schedule with Seattle U
- Ducks Ranked In Preseason Poll
- Bando Named Pac-12 Freshman of the Week
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks