Ducks Finish Eighth at Husky Invitational
Release Date: 09/21/2010
The Ducks, ranked No. 1 by Golfstat.com coming into the 14-team, 54-hole event, shot 16-over 880 at the 7,304-yard, par 72 course, 33 strokes behind team champion Pepperdine.
Despite a rusty team performance, Oregon's top two individuals picked up near where they left off after leading UO to a third-place NCAA finish last spring. Junior's Eugene Wong and Daniel Miernicki tied for tenth and 16th, respectively, with Wong one of only 14 players to break par.
The North Vancouver, B.C., native shot a final-round 72 for a 2-under 214. Wong was 2-over after 12 holes, but bounced back with a pair of birdies over the final six.
Miernicki, who started the day tied for eighth, slipped down the leaderboard due to a 74, closing out the tourney at 1-over 217.
Sean Maekawa (+10, 226) tied for 48th. Jack Paton (+13, 229) ended tied for 59th and Robbie Ziegler (+16, 232) tied for 65th.
Next up for Oregon is a trip to Oklahoma State for the Ping/Golfweek Preview Sept. 26-28 at Karsten Creek Golf Club.
- End to a Great Season for Oregon at NCAA Championships
- Wise, Foushee Pace Oregon at Concession
- McIver, Wise Named to the Division I PING All-Region West Team
- Day One in the Books at NCAAs for Oregon
- Nike Golf Creates New Uniform for Select Teams in NCAA Golf Championship
- Start Times Set for Select FB Games
- Pair of Ducks Named to Pac-12 All-Conference Team
- Season Ends In Extra Innings For Oregon Baseball Team
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks