No. 1 Cowboys Lead, Oregon Second at Duck Invite
Release Date: 03/21/2011
The Cowboys were followed by the host Oregon Ducks, who sit at 3-under 573, and Washington at even par 576. Oregon State stands fourth at 581 and San Jose State is the fifth-place side in the 15-team field at 588.
The Beavers' Alex Moore is the top individual after 36 holes, following up a 73 in Round 1 with a course-record 63 in the afternoon session for an 8-under 136 on the par 72, 7,020-yard course.
UW's Chris Williams is at 6-under (67-71-138) and UO's Robbie Ziegler is third at 5-under (73-66-139), although Ziegler's score did not factor in the Ducks' team scoring as he played as an individual.
Oregon's Jack Paton , also playing as an individual, produced one of the day's biggest highlights by acing the No. 12 hole, which was playing 183 yards. All told, six Ducks were playing separate from the team.
Of the counters for Oregon, Jack Dukeminier is tied for seventh at 2-under (72-70-142), while Daniel Miernicki (71-72-143) and Ben Itterman (72-71-143) are 11th. Eugene Wong (74-71-145), playing as UO's No. 5 this week, is tied for 19th at 1-over, and Andrew Vijarro (74-75-149) is tied for 40th in the 88-man field at 5-over.
The third and final round of the annual 54-hole event is scheduled to begin Tuesday with an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start. Live scoring is available at www.Golfstat.com.
- NCAA Golf Championships Slated for ECC in 2016
- Duck Golfers Finish in the Top 10 at Patriot All-America
- UO Golfers Set for Patriot All-America
- Assistant Coach Back To Work After Near-Death Experience
- Martin Signs Foust and Yi to NLIs
- Ducks Look To Show Growth In Rematch With Arizona
- UO Soccer Camp Registration Is Now Open
- 2014 Season Review: Defensive line
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks