Daniel Miernicki and Andrew Vijarro were selected to the All-Pac-10 men's golf team, conference officials announced Tuesday.WALNUT CREEK, Calif. -- University of Oregon golfers
Miernicki was one of nine first-team recipients, his second such award in as many seasons. A junior from Santee, Calif., Miernicki led the No. 20 Ducks in scoring during the regular season with a stroke average of 71.84. He was a two-time medalist this season, giving him four career individual titles as a collegian.
Vijarro, who hails from Bend, Ore., was named to the All-Pac-10 second-team after a strong finish to the regular season. UO's number two scorer at 72.39 per round tied for ninth a the 65th annual Western Intercollegiate in mid-April and led the Ducks with a ninth-place finsih at the Pac-10 championship.
UCLA swept the individual conference awards as Patrick Cantlay was named golfer of the year and freshman of the year, and Derek Freeman won coach of the year.
The Ducks are the No. 4 seed in the Florida regional for the NCAA Division I Men’s Golf Championships, which takes place May 19-21 at the Golden Ocala Golf Club in Ocala. The top five teams from each of six regionals will advance to the championship tournament at Karsten Creek in Stillwater, Okla., May 31 to June 5.
Miernicki, Vijarro Named to All-Pac-10 Golf Team
Release Date: 05/10/2011
- Ducks Finish Sixth in Salt Lake
- Ducks in Seventh Heading into Final Round at Pac-12 Championship
- Ducks Finish Day One at the Pac-12 Championship
- Ducks Open Postseason Play at Pac-12 Championship
- A Month Out, ECC Eager To Host NCAA Championships
- Ducks Finish Weekend With Season Bests at Payton Jordan
- Williams Named to MPSF All-Tournament Team
- Ducks Rally To Win Series
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks