JULI INKSTER SPARTAN INVITATIONAL BULLET POINTS
• Event: Juli Inkster Spartan Invitational
• Dates: Monday and Tuesday, March 5-6, 2012
• Location: Almaden Golf & Country Club, San Jose, Calif.
• Par: 72, 6,169 yards
• Host: San Jose State University ( www.sjsuspartans.com )
• Format: 54- hole tournament- 36 holes on Monday, March 5th, and 18 holes on Tuesday, March 6th
• Participants (2012 Golfstat rankings): Washington (13), Oregon (21), California (23), UC Davis (25), San Jose (73), Fresno State (78), UC Irvine (80), Colorado State (82), San Francisco (91), Gonzaga (96), Nevada (105), Hawaii (181)
• Oregon Ducks Competing: Cassy Isagawa, Cali Hipp, Raphaela Dyer, Ashley Edwards, Monica Petchakan
• Tee Times: Mon. (3/5) 8:30 a.m. (PST) shotgun start, Tues. (3/6) 8:30 a.m. (PST) shotgun start
• Results Live: golfstat.com
• Results Link: www.golfstatresults.com/public/index.cfm?tournament_id=2825
EUGENE, Ore. - The No. 21 University of Oregon women’s golf team heads to San Jose, Calif. to compete in their third event of the 2012 spring season at the Juli Inkster Spartan Invitational. The event begins Monday, March 5th at 8:30a.m. with a shotgun start at the par-72 Almaden Golf & Country Club.
The Ducks competed in the Juli Inkster Spartan Invitational last year and finished in third place, while Oregon’s Kendra Little placed fourth overall. California won the event last year, with the Bears current senior Emily Childs winning medalist honors. The tournament is a two-day, 54-hole event, 36 holes on Monday and 18 holes on Tuesday, hosted by San Jose State University.
The field consists of 12 teams, including four of Golfstat’s Top-25 ranked teams. The 12 teams come from six different conferences, including three Pac-12 schools (Oregon, Washington, and California), one Great West Conference (UC Davis), four Western Athletic Conference (San Jose, Fresno State, Nevada, Hawaii) one Big West Conference (UC Irvine), one Mountain West Conference (Colorado State), and two West Coast Conference Schools (Gonzaga, San Francisco).
Freshman Cassy Isagawa moved up into 15th on Golfstat Cup Standings based on scoring average with 72.53 after 15 rounds.
Last week, Oregon finished in eighth place at the Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegiate and hopes to build off that performance this coming week. Cassy Isagawa earned runner-up honors at last week’s competition, and also tied the Oregon school record for lowest round at seven-under 65.