Ducks Get Off to Good Start at Edean Ihlanfeldt
Release Date: 10/08/2012
Oregon took advantage of near perfect conditions, with sunny weather and temperatures around 68 degrees. Freshman Caroline Inglis shot an even-par 72, finishing the first round in a tie for fourth place overall. The Eugene, Ore. native had the best score for the Ducks, marking the second time she has led the team.
Sophomore Cassy Isagawa also had a top-15 finish, placing in a tie for 11th after shooting 2-over 74 in the first round of the event. The Ducks also counted scorecards from Monica Petchakan (T30th-77) and Cali Hipp (T43rd-79). Raphaela Dyer (84) also made the trip and finished in a tie for 68th place.
No.6 Washington took an early lead and stayed in first place after shooting 5-over 293 after the first round. UC Irvine sits four shots back in second place at 9-over 297. Currently sitting in third place is Stanford who shot 11-over 299.
Washington currently dominates the individual leader board with the top three scores of the day being Huskies. Cyd Okino sits in first place after shooting 2-under 70. SooBin Kim and Charlotte Thomas are tied in second place with 1-under 71 after Monday’s event.
The Ducks hope to continue playing tough tomorrow in the second round, Oct. 8 with Oregon teeing off at 9:00am (PT).
- Ducks Remain in Contention after Second Round
- Strong First Round Has Ducks in Third
- Ducks Set to Begin NCAA Regional Play
- Ducks Make Ninth Straight NCAA Regional
- Ducks Finish Eighth at Pac-12 Championships
- Notes - Pac-12 Championship Within Reach at Cal
- Alumni Flock To Oregon Twilight
- Ducks Selected to Tucson for NCAA Regionals
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks