ANUENUE SPRING BREAK CLASSIC BULLET POINTS
• Event: Anuenue Spring Break Classic
• Dates: Monday and Tuesday, March 26-27, 2012
• Location: Kapalua Bay Course, Kapalua, Maui
• Par: 72, 6,022 yards
• Host: University of Hawaii ( http://hawaiiathletics.com/ )
• Format: 54- hole tournament- 36 holes on Monday, March 26th, and 18 holes on Tuesday, March 27th
• Participants (2012 Golfstat rankings): Tennessee (13), Colorado (14), California (15), Pepperdine (19), Oregon (22), Mississippi (36), Oregon State (50), UTSA (57), Fresno State (79), Nevada (109), Seattle U (122), Hawaii (171), UH-Hilo (N/A), Osaka Gakuin (N/A)
• Oregon Ducks Competing: Cassy Isagawa, Cali Hipp, Raphaela Dyer, Ashley Edwards, Cheyenne Hickle
• Tee Times: Mon. (3/26) 8:00 a.m. (HAST) shotgun start, Tues. (3/27) 8:00 a.m. (HAST) shotgun start
• Results Live: golfstat.com
EUGENE, Ore. - The No. 22 University of Oregon women's golf team heads west to Kapalua, Maui to participate in the Anuenue Spring Break Classic, marking their fourth event of the 2012 spring season. The event begins Monday, March 26th at 8:00am (HAST) with a shotgun start at the par-72 Kapalua Bay Course.
The University of Hawaii will host the inaugural event that starts next week. The tournament is a two-day 54-hole event at the 6,022 yard course, 36 holes on Monday and 18 holes on Tuesday.
The field consists of 14 teams, featuring five of Golfstat's Top-25 ranked teams. The teams represent six different conferences and one team traveling the long distance from Suita, Japan. The Pac-12 has four representatives (Oregon, California, Colorado, and Oregon State), three Western Athletic Conference (Hawaii, Fresno State, and Nevada), two Southeastern Conference (Mississippi, Tennessee), two West Coast Conference (Pepperdine, Seattle U), Southland Conference (UTSA), Pacific West Conference (UH-Hilo), and Osaka Gakuin from Suita, Japan.
Freshman Cassy Isagawa sits in fifth on the Golfstat Cup Standing based on scoring average with 72.24 after 18 rounds. The Wailuku Hawai'i native came off of a fourth place finish at the Juli Inkster Spartan Invitational two weeks ago, she has led the Ducks 14 out of 18 rounds this season.
The last time out, Oregon finished with runner-up honors at the Juli Inkster Spartan Invitational in San Jose, Calif. and hopes to continue that momentum. The Ducks also had top-10 finishes by freshman Cali Hipp and senior Ashley Edwards who both tied for sixth place. The sixth place finish was Hipp's best finish as a collegian and Edwards best finish of the 2011-2012 season.